Author Topic: Soraya (1978 Overlooked J.P. Massiera Project) 32bt WAV  (Read 1997 times)

tor27tor

• Registered
Re: Soraya (1978 Overlooked J.P. Massiera Project) 32bt WAV
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »
**help needed**
I hope some of you tech guys can help me with this.
I use to convert shared wav files to flac for a matter of disk space, and also to m4a for my car.
With this Soraya files I just can't do it with the two (good) software I've always used on my Mac, which are XLD and xACT.
Maybe the original wav files are too high quality rates? Just guessing.
Curiously, some (not all) of the software I use for tagging or playing the files just tell me the values of kbps/Hz/bit are "0". I know they're not, cause others say they are 3072 kbps, 48kHz, 32 bit.

**update*
Sorry guys, I just remembered that something like this happened already in the past, and I tried a solution I recalled.
I firstly downgraded the original 32 bit wav files into 24 bit wav files, and left kHz and kbps the same. Then, I encoded them to flac and m4a. It worked.
Actually, I lost something in sound depth, but it was the only way to do it, with these good (and free) but not professional softwares.
Is there any other ways/softwares you're aware of, guys, to do the work without bit depth loss?

On a Mac you don't need any extra software to convert wav files just right click on a mouse or 2fingers on a trackpad + select "Encode Selected Audio Files" + select Apple Losless + there you have it. ALAC is the preferred audio file to use on a mac (for several reasons) and it supports 32-Bit. Cheers

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Soraya (1978 Overlooked J.P. Massiera Project) 32bt WAV
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 11:28:43 PM »
Jee, I didn't know that.
Thanks for the tip!!
G.