Author Topic: News Breakers - More Info Required Please?  (Read 991 times)

Spoons

News Breakers - More Info Required Please?
« on: December 06, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

Really hoping you can help. A few years ago, someone kindly sent me a track that I was looking for.

I've uploaded an extract of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Uah6G1ILY

It is called News Breakers - and the filename starts with the number 4 so I can only assume it is track four on whatever album it came from.

I know this track because it was used on Radio Aire in Leeds, UK in the late 1980s for their daily news programme Radio Aire Reports. It was also used on Radio Broadland in Norwich, UK for their Saturday sports programming 'Saturday Special.'

I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify which production library this came from, which album(s), when it was recorded and who composed it?

Also, I know there were probably shorter commercial lengths of this track recorded... certainly a 10s... and maybe a 30s and a 60s.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?  :D

ccampbell

Re: News Breakers - More Info Required Please?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 03:07:09 AM »
Sounds like it could be Craig Palmer / Network Music?

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 09:54:41 AM »
Jeff Conrad has a cue by this name, found on Aircraft Music Library ACL 011 "Image Makers", but that isn't the one.
Richard Myhill has two cues titled "Newsbreakers" on KPM 1388 "Mediaspeak", but these aren't the correct ones either.

I don't have this one unfortunately, but I'd wager a guess this is the cue of the same name by Walter Murphy. I'm not sure if it originally appears elsewhere, but you can find it on Valentino, Inc. Production Music Library COMPACT DISC VOLUME 34 "Up Tempo" - as track #19 and #20, however.

There are also two cues titled "News Breakers" by Ray Russell and one Marc Da Silva, according to copyright entries,
and a cue titled "Newsbreakers" by Kate Stephenson-William Dowling on Focus Music Library FCD 103 "Radioactive".

Hope that gives you a lead ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:09:44 AM by Mr »

Spoons

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
Thanks or all this info! I think from memory, the name Valentino sounds familiar - although I cannot be 100% sure.

I've had a good scour of the internet to see if I can track down any trace of this CD - but no luck so far. BMG seem to have some Valentino on their site, but not this particular release.

Here's hoping someone on here has this particular release in their collection and wouldn't mind posting! Failing that, is there anywhere you could suggest where I might have more luck tracking this down?

I'm guessing this must have also been released on vinyl as the example I posted is clearly from a vinyl rip.

Bizarrely, the "Newsbreakers" cue you mention by Richard Myhill was also used in the late 80s and early 90s on radio stations I listened to. It's a great track!

Thanks again for all your help.