Author Topic: PARRY: PML 05, PML 10 & PML 14  (Read 5198 times)

Fuzi

Re: PARRY: PML 05, PML 10 & PML 14
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2023, 09:08:21 AM »
I don't mind making/answering scattered requests; it matches my tempo for researching libraries and absorbing new material.

As much as possible, I would rather wait until an old thread is reactivated and hop in with my request, rather than create a new blog entry that will clutter the search result page.

This being said, I am certainly not against indulging in an overdose by way of shortcut access and I am grateful Psyclon is willing to share his resource. 8]

Thank you @all
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

nidostar

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2023, 10:21:24 AM »
I only picked up a handful of these last time. So thank you, tonyc1971 for the latest shares and a gold star to Psyclon for the Dropbox link. :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2023, 12:32:58 PM »
EDIT: The two MP3 albums are PML125 and PML168 - even though I think Aquarius is a recent FLAC share somewhere around here.

I can share PML 125 in lossless if needed.
As for PML 168, the "Aquarius" you're referring to Psyclon, is a different record with the same title (the Patchwork shared here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5807.0).

Parry PML 168 Aquarius has never been shared in lossless format, and it was the only one left out from that big collaborative Parry thread gone lost with the crash we had last year.
G.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2023, 12:39:53 PM »
[...] matches my tempo for researching libraries and absorbing new material.

This is something I can totally understand. The last time I went through this dropbox directory I only picked up a few tracks because back when I browsed it for the first time, I was more in the electro/90s mood and literally skipped many cool albums simply because the sound "didn't click" that day. Now a couple of months later I am up for a second sweep and expect to fetch more tracks due to my brain and ears being more open to the poprock sounds PARRY LPs offer.

Credits go to the original uploader/sharer which appears to be "Del Frost". I was merely the person to drop to drop the link via Google Cache research. I just gave you the map to the treasure that someone else burried on Dropbox 4 years ago :)

And yes Greta, I confused the PATCHWORK Aquarius with PARRY's. Heh, such a bizzare album name and then they are twins..  ;D

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2023, 04:04:05 PM »
I suspect Del Frost got them from here - as Greta said we had a massive thread and loaded them up in order a few years ago.

Kwantum Assassin

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2023, 04:11:45 PM »
Oh yes, there is that awesome Dropbox directory containing folders with all of the Parry LPs...

Tadaaa! Here are ALL the Parry LPs from PML001 to PML171 in FLAC or WAV (except for two albums which are in MP3).

It is probably what TonyC meant. Enjoy and ... bring some time :D

EDIT: The two MP3 albums are PML125 and PML168 - even though I think Aquarius is a recent FLAC share somewhere around here.
Wow Thanks !  ;D

tonyc1971

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2023, 06:04:39 PM »
I’m not sure who Del Frost is (could be a pseudonym), but it’s the same person who had the KPM Dropbox. At the time he shared that folder with me he asked not to sure it amongst other forum users. Sadly the PM from him has long gone so can’t pin down the user name here. He may not take too kindly to others sharing the Parry folder either, so I’d grab them whilst you can.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2023, 06:14:17 PM »
That is somewhat ambivalent in many ways. If Del shared this to you (or anyone in particular), he was fine with it being spread in the first place and in full. He'd probably only release in smaller chunks if he was - for some unknown reasons - not happy with those being spread. And certainly not handing out a "master key" to online-stored albums that fluctuate by definition unlike physical media which can't be copied - the media itself that is. So what exactly was the plans behind that "share all at once but with only a few people that in return will share it anyways after requests" and all that in a forum whose main purpose is exactly that? It's a strange casual chain in my opinion. Remembers me to the discussion about webspiders or whatever these services are called (they save a webpage for local use) where people put stuff online and then wonder why it circulates, almost like people grab stuff that has been put out there to be grabbed in the first place.

I do have a certain amount of respect remaining for someone not wanting to share "theirs" (whatever that might be), but since this link is in circulation since over 3 years as the forum post I dug it out was from 2019 if I remember correctly, Del could have pulled the plug literally years ago, especially with increased accesses and download traffic. I mean, it's in total 77.75 GByte.

The ship has sailed if scarcity was the main focus of that link to be kept secret. I will do a last sweep today though because I expect every ressource to be gone - that's why I prefer local storage ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:50:53 PM by Psyclon »

likedeeler

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2023, 07:28:40 PM »
I've had that Dropbox URL bookmarked for a long time. It will hardly be a secret.

musictheorist

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2024, 10:25:19 PM »
Does anyone have [Parry Music] - PML 161 - Classical Mosaic 3 (1987)?

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2024, 07:27:30 PM »
Does anyone have [Parry Music] - PML 161 - Classical Mosaic 3 (1987)?

Added to the upload list for the incoming days.
G.

tonyc1971

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2024, 08:51:40 PM »
I can help out with this one Greta.  Thanks to Retronic for this rip as he provided it in the great Parry thread a couple of years ago...

PML 161 - Various Artists - Classical Mosaic 3 (1987) [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/Ox0iCQpD#x7U3TF5CW6ng0PALyLjsgQ

musictheorist

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2024, 09:17:46 PM »
Thank you.

And there is the lost album.