Author Topic: Just Recognized a Library Track  (Read 30225 times)

Col Wolfe

Re: Just Recognized a Library Track
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »
Lemon Dips ‘I Am The Man’ is well known from its appearance in ‘The Haunted House Of Horror’ but have only recently come across it’s 1971 appearance in an episode of ‘Armchair Theatre’...

h++ps://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_mjLSgXmx/
www spokerecords co uk

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 08:38:25 PM »
Good old Talking Pictures. 

Col Wolfe

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 09:01:58 PM »
Good old Talking Pictures.

My most watched channel  :)
www spokerecords co uk

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2019, 01:00:22 AM »
Graham de Wilde's "Send Them Victorious (b)" shows up in this commercial for Heath Toffee Bars.

Apologies if this thread revival is in violation of any rules.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 08:02:34 AM »
Nice spot.  This thread is an on-going one.  It's a shame we lost the other form archives as this had a place on all of them.

VibesAntagonist

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2019, 09:48:13 PM »
I watched the odd Hong Kong horror movie Black Magic (1975) the other day, and around 20 mins I heard the eerie synths of Frank Gartner´s Mechanized Electrons (from Bosworth Music BLP 133 Dramatics Electronic.)

There were probably a few more library tracks used in that film, but that was the only one that stuck out to me.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2020, 08:17:18 PM »
Bumping this :) Anyone else happen upon any cues in the 'wild' recently?

Caught Massimiliano Bruno's new "Non ci resta che il crimine" as in-flight entertainment recently, which featured a few seconds of (I think) one of the "Drama Suite" stings - something Themes, at least.
Finally got around to watching "Nightcrawler" a while back too, which fittingly had at least one of the themes from the Carlin CD "24 Hour Orchestral News" that someone posted to the board a few years ago.

Lord Thames

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2020, 08:52:43 PM »
The episode of Within These Walls 'Prisoner By Marriage' has a scene in a kitchen with a radio on in the background, where the DJ back announces Tony Woods' 'Restless Woman', from the de Wolfe album of the same name.

He then goes on to introduce a piece which he claims is by a group called Pink Sable, called 'Bad Manners' - this is probably the track of the same name from Standard Music ESL 123 'Small Group Pop' by Herbie Flowers and Roger Coulam, with Pink Sable alluding to Flowers and Coulam's band Blue Mink!

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2020, 09:07:56 PM »
Love it!  I have them in DVD but never really watched them.

Upgrade

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 10:19:15 PM »
I remember watching the infrequent behind the scenes videos for Saturday Night Live.  I believe this is from the Film Unit one. There’s a couple of scenes where the show the timeline view of the video editing software with a couple of Brutons and KPMs.

Might be interesting if the cues can be matched to the sketch. I also recall some Cinemusic stuff being used. Though I wonder how many times they had a licensed track when they air live vs. dropping in a library track on reruns. Also wonder what they used in the 70s before APM.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:23:08 PM by Upgrade »

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 03:05:52 PM »
A fun thing with libraries digitizing their archives is that cues suddenly show up in odd, unexpected places. I just recognized Franco Altissimi's "Ballad" and Nino Rapicavoli's "Erea" and "Gustosita'" in a youtube video about video games.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:50:31 AM by Mr »

Silverrider85

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »
Don't know if this one was posted before, but I discovered some time ago that "Skin Tight" from Paul Keogh (on Brutons' Souled Out) was used in an episode of the Young Ones:

edit: see/hear at 5:36
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:39:28 PM by Silverrider85 »

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2022, 11:52:35 AM »
Watched the finale of Donald Glover's excellent series "Atlanta" last night and it briefly features Bruno Nicolai's "Skyscrapers" (Gemelli GG - 10.024).

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2022, 03:45:38 PM »
I have found some tracks in some media and it always makes me go "A-ha!" :)

This educational video of a Zenith VHS... (at 13m 35s)

KPM - CLASSICAL FUSION - Newsweek (Track 1) https://www.kpmmusic.com/en/browse/labels/KPM/2

Or maybe the intro video of "Medical Detectives", one of my favourite TV shows? Not sure about the U.S. version, but the German dubbed version... (at 48 seconds)

has "CONSTANT PRESSURE" from the HIBOU album "Dramatic Vol. 2".
https://www.nslibrary.nichion.co.jp/keywords?page=1&keyword_search=HIBCD157-7&target_search=track

One of my favourite computer shows from the 80s to early 2002s was the Computer Chronicles. From the mid-90s to the end, it uses an edited version of the track "Zenith" (at 15 seconds and continously in the show - they just have one track for all their airings!)

ZENITH - John K. Manchester - (Track 8)
https://www.kpmmusic.com/en/browse/labels/OMLP/152

I know two more from German channels Pro7 and RTL, but that'd be too specific. Pro7 uses lots of "ExtremeMusic", RTL loves to use "Baby Rock" for commercials since the early 2000s (a KOKA track).

GraniteCity

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2022, 05:42:51 PM »
I found a certain Dutch game show that has a library music track in it.

It’s “Op Goed Geluk” from TROS that uses Walter Murphy’s “Entertainment Theme” from Valentino V-CD 2