Author Topic: Just Recognized a Library Track  (Read 30586 times)

zach

Just Recognized a Library Track
« on: February 05, 2018, 06:03:53 AM »
every iteration of the board needs this fun thread.

finally got my hands a mega rare vhs video yearbook of the 1988 Notre Dame football team, the last time they won the national championship.

what a tape, and halfway through the season highlights they started playing 'Enigma' from de Wolfe 3499. great sports tune.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Just Recognized a Library Track
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »
I love it when something familiar pops up.

apmnut

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
Was just watching a weird educational film from the late forties/early fifties entitled "The Adventures of Junior Raindrop" that utilized a couple of library tracks I recognized: "The Runaway Rocking Horse" by Edward White (Boosey and Hawkes) and "Pelican Picnic" by Jack Shaindlin (Langlois Filmusic/Cinemusic).

joelfan71

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:04:53 AM »
I always mark out when a library tune pops up during an old VHS tape or commercial.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 05:39:02 PM »
Your Home in Their Hands S1 E5 - about 15 mins in they use Simon Benson’s  ‘Dark Doings’ from KPM 1185 - String Family

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 05:15:11 PM »
Hawkshaw classic "Beat Me 'til I'm Blue" is currently peddling home insurance where I'm at.

joelfan71

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »
Check it out with Dr. Steve Brule on the Adult Swim network is filled withholdings from Walter Bennett and Jeff Newman. For those outside the USA, do you get Adult Swim? If so what do you think about this show which at times is so stupid it's insanely funny.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
I swear to god, sometimes stuff pops up in the most random places - I just caught one of the (frankly, unfitting!) A. Riccardo Luciani cues from "Dal medioevo al rinascimento" in some trashy reality show rerun. Haha.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
Gardeners World played a classic ‘swinging 60’s’ track the other day. You know I’m rubbish with names- might be an old Amphonic

apmnut

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
Sorry for the bump, but I just found a few episodes of an obscure 60s sitcom called "Mack and Myer for Hire" which uses several cues now with Sound Ideas:

Capri Twist
One Clown Band (#17)
Round & Round (#1, #2, #14)

All credited to Albert Marlowe (pesu. for Brian Niemens), although the closing credits for the show credit "Ross-Gaffney" for "music and editing".
Can't tell if they originally had these cues, or if whoever these copies came from slapped them on certain scenes.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »
Finally managed to track down the first episode of ITV's "The Hanged Man", which is chock-full of Alan Tew's "Drama Suite" cues. The lovely "The Detectives Link 7a/7b" aptly serves as ending credits theme.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 07:17:26 PM »
Sky/ Virgin movies just showed a trailer for Unsane which uses Brian Bennett’s Hideout - used in Rabid also. So weird when you recognize it- at first I thought Halloween and it took a few seconds for my brain to realize what it was.

Big Archive

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
But why?

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 08:14:55 AM »
Why did they use it?  I guess it's cheap and it's only a trailer for a TV company.

Lord Thames

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:31 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if the person who made the trailer knew exactly what they were doing as regards 'Hideout', and knew that certain clued-up people would recognise it - I always think of The Sweeney when I hear it, myself.  It's a track that still does the job without seeming too dated.

Finally managed to track down the first episode of ITV's "The Hanged Man", which is chock-full of Alan Tew's "Drama Suite" cues. The lovely "The Detectives Link 7a/7b" aptly serves as ending credits theme.

Something I've never quite been able to get to the bottom of re: The Hanged Man - was the music composed for the show initially and later brought into the Themes International library, did Yorkshire Television get it off the shelf, or was it a co-production?  I'm sure there was a YTV connection with TIL somewhere along the line, maybe via Alan Hawkshaw, but I'm not quite sure what it was.  The Contour LP release credits the publisher as Chevron Music, who were YTV's music publishing company.