Author Topic: Alf Emil Eik - Joy & Breath Of Eternity (1979)  (Read 980 times)

tuneboy

Alf Emil Eik - Joy & Breath Of Eternity (1979)
« on: September 01, 2019, 08:53:45 AM »
I'm a big fan of this mainly instrumental album from 1979 by Alf Emil Eik, bass guitarist, multi-instrumentalist and studio whizz extraordinaire. It reminds me here and there of Yan Tregger, Teddy Lasry, Jacky Giordano and French progressive jazzfunk & library music from the late 70s. It has mellotron and clavinet. It has an arsenal of analog synthesizers. I has raw cosmic funk and ambience. It has some great dramatic passages and moments of great beauty. It goes many places. So here is my rip of a near mint copy. I realize it may be on the fringes of this forum's concern but I thought some of you might like it. (Most of the tracks slide seemlessly into each other, so I saved it as side 1 and side 2).

hxxps://mega.nz/#F!qGIzWCgA!TAiHOUD0HHsP2sjgNtSIvA

VibesAntagonist

Re: Alf Emil Eik - Joy & Breath Of Eternity (1979)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:26:03 AM »
Oh wow, this sounds amazing. You´re the best tuneboy!

neowave

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:30:56 AM »
fantastic music, never listen before. favourites "Morning Glory" "Man Of The Present Age, Part 2 and 3" "Insert Heart"

Thanks so much tuneboy.

I prepare and upload two versions.

1. original flac+cue sheet: hxxps://mega.nz/#F!5wZWkIJT!Rjqcdc4LlAieMJuXfyWVYQ
2. manually splitted and tagged flacs (and removed small 100 hz hum): hxxps://mega.nz/#F!NkQSFCYA!Z848Ukr75XzXQirsc7538w

tuneboy

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 11:08:34 AM »
fantastic music, never listen before. favourites "Morning Glory" "Man Of The Present Age, Part 2 and 3" "Insert Heart"

Thanks so much tuneboy.

I prepare and upload two versions.

1. original flac+cue sheet: hxxps://mega.nz/#F!5wZWkIJT!Rjqcdc4LlAieMJuXfyWVYQ
2. manually splitted and tagged flacs (and removed small 100 hz hum): hxxps://mega.nz/#F!NkQSFCYA!Z848Ukr75XzXQirsc7538w

Even better! Thanks, neowave.