Author Topic: Songs used during wrestling promos  (Read 1432 times)

billybatts

Songs used during wrestling promos
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:57:46 AM »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: Songs used during wrestling promos
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 08:08:27 AM »
I accidentally came across number 2 a few years back whilst searching for WCW. It is "Evil Eye" from Magazine Records. I shared this with the wrestling community but I don't think anyone bothered to search the library for more WWF themes, so feel free to do so you might find something new.

billybatts

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »
I accidentally came across number 2 a few years back whilst searching for WCW. It is "Evil Eye" from Magazine Records. I shared this with the wrestling community but I don't think anyone bothered to search the library for more WWF themes, so feel free to do so you might find something new.

Holy crap Craig thank you man! I've been searching for these for years and years. Well I did search just the album that "Evil Eye" was from and found an additional FOUR WWF themes! I'll be searching the entire library later.

#1 - is called "Drizzle"
#2 - is called "Evil Eye" thanks to you for finding it
#4 - is called "Gloomy"

and I found a few others used by the WWF from the same album, one is called "Dracula" used in the "Undertaker - The Phenom" home video when Mankind and Co. is burying the Undertaker during the buried alive match. The other one is called "Rainbow" used in the early 2000s WWF, Triple H/Kane/Undertaker angle, used in promo video.

I found a 320kbps quality link to all of the albums here - http://www.k-133.com/index.php?cdwahl=MZR0121

This is insane. Can I pay you through PayPal or something? I think you deserve it for helping find all these great tracks! THANKS AGAIN Craig! You're awesome!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:27:11 PM by billybatts »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 08:42:34 PM »
Holy crap Craig thank you man! I've been searching for these for years and years. Well I did search just the album that "Evil Eye" was from and found an additional FOUR WWF themes! I'll be searching the entire library later.

#1 - is called "Drizzle"
#2 - is called "Evil Eye" thanks to you for finding it
#4 - is called "Gloomy"

and I found a few others used by the WWF from the same album, one is called "Dracula" used in the "Undertaker - The Phenom" home video when he's burying the Undertaker during the buried alive match. The other one is called "Rainbow" used in the early 2000s WWF, Triple H/Kane/Undertaker angle, used in promo video.

I found a 320kbps quality link to all of the albums here - http://www.k-133.com/index.php?cdwahl=MZR0121

This is insane. Can I pay you through PayPal or something? I think you deserve it for helping find all these great tracks! THANKS AGAIN Craig! You're awesome!

You're more than welcome, I don't expect any payment at all as all I did was find the one track you did the rest. All I would ask is for any help with searching WCW themes, that is my main hobby. Feel free to add me on facebook (as PM'ed) and I can probably help you more with more WWF themes, as I use to search for them years back.

Also I do have download access to many libraries.

Edit: Just a lil note, I see that K-133 site lists the library code as MZR, it is just purely MR

Edit 2: Another lil note #3 does sound familiar to me but I am not entirely sure why.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:58:28 PM by Craig-UK »

billybatts

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 09:57:51 PM »
You're more than welcome, I don't expect any payment at all as all I did was find the one track you did the rest. All I would ask is for any help with searching WCW themes, that is my main hobby. Feel free to add me on facebook (as PM'ed) and I can probably help you more with more WWF themes, as I use to search for them years back.

Also I do have download access to many libraries.

Edit: Just a lil note, I see that K-133 site lists the library code as MZR, it is just purely MR

Edit 2: Another lil note #3 does sound familiar to me but I am not entirely sure why.

#3, I've been searching for more than a decade. Very tough one. Used multiple times by the WWF during 1998. It sounds like Music House or Chappell/AV maybe? Or it could be a discontinued and hard to find label. Interesting thing is it was used by NFL Films in the early 90s, at least twice if I remember correctly, during Super Bowl Highlights (Home Video Documentary). Here's one sample of it - https://picosong.com/w8cBh/.

#5 was also used by the WWF multiple times during 1997/1998. One time they used it in a "Best of Survivor Series 1987-1997" Home Video during the Undertaker vs. Yokozuna match. This theme always gets drowned out but the sample I have here, you can clearly hear how it starts in the beginning, the clearest is from 0:02 to 0:22 - https://picosong.com/w8cdj/. Sounds very late 80s/early 90s maybe.

And I do plan on trying to help you find some of those WCW themes, I'll be listening to all of them from the link you gave me to your site and see if I know any of them. Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:59:26 PM by billybatts »