Author Topic: Help with a few tracks from Capitol/Ole Georg Music  (Read 1092 times)

timidlion1985

Help with a few tracks from Capitol/Ole Georg Music
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:34:00 AM »
Hello all! This is my first post here. This looks like an awesome forum for library music and I hope to help out as much as I can with ID'ing music. I've got a few tracks I'm looking for from Capitol Music/Ole Georg Music. I was curious if maybe someone might know them. So here are a few details. When I was younger, my mom purchased this VHS cassette about Roller Coasters. It was called "Roller Coaster Thrills". During the credits, the music was listed as coming from Ole George. I searched their site when I got older and found all but two songs. I still need to find the original Capitol LP's so I can have the wavs.

Anyway, I found one of these songs the other day called "Tiger Attack" by Dwight Mikkelsen. The track comes from Media Music: The Professional 49 Counterpoints. However, the version from my recording is different. It has the electric guitar over the top. So I'm not sure what is happening there. The other track is the only one that I don't have any info from. It played during the credits. I've added recordings of the two songs here. Any help that could be provided would be amazing! I've tried searching Ole Georg's website but it is not very organized. Thanks in advance.

https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/BN0ABMks/file.html

musica.incidental

Re: Help with a few tracks from Capitol/Ole Georg Music
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:02:03 AM »
I know very well the Ole Georg catalog... Or I can hear it again in order to find your tracks... I know very well "Tiger Attack" but in this version it seems that they used the track and put that guitars above... I don't know a variation for this track. But I will hear it again. I uploaded your audios to youtube because generally Capitol Media shows copyright but it did not happened in this case. I'll write here if I find something! There is any video on youtube with this VHS?

d_dgjdhh

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:18:38 AM »
For tracks from the Ole Georg library, I can recommend this page from Soundcloud. It showcases lots of tracks from that catalog.

timidlion1985

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 11:25:38 AM »
musica.incidental: Thanks so much for your help. I thought that it might be a variation on "Tiger Attack". It's interesting because this was a small release so I'm surprised they created a custom track for it. I have a rip of this cassette on my computer. I haven't uploaded it to youtube though. I'll try to do that in the next few days. Once I do, I'll send the link over. Thanks again for you help!

d_dgjdhh: That's a great idea. I've dabbled a little on soundcloud but didn't have much luck. I'll check into it again.