Author Topic: Satellite News Themes...  (Read 928 times)

iserlohn

Satellite News Themes...
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:56:56 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and hoping that I'm doing this right. I'm trying to figure out the four tracks used in the archive below. They were all used as part of the series "Boresight," a satellite TV news show about... satellite TV. The series began in 1985 or early 1986, and they changed the theme track in mid-1987. There are what I believe to be two takes on the same riff in here (one is around 30 seconds, the other runs under the advert), a replacement theme, and a theme from their shopping programme. Given the low-budget nature of the production, I highly doubt they used original music and almost certainly went for library tracks. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

www119.zippyshare.com/v/8fY3PwDt/file.html

musica.incidental

Re: Satellite News Themes...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »
Only first track: "Mission Impossible", cd: Tecnology Age, from Network Music Ensemble...

iserlohn

Re: Satellite News Themes...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:51:18 AM »
Thank you!

I was tempted to say that the one under the advert is the underscore edition of the same song, but while they used it on the programme (I recognise that aspect now) you're right that it's not it. Definitely a pointer in the right direction, though - thanks again.