Author Topic: Request for information about: Entertainment 4 - T V. Times  (Read 780 times)

Burtonenq

Request for information about: Entertainment 4 - T V. Times
« on: January 24, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »
Good Afternoon,

I wish to ask if some people can help fill in some details about a certain track from this 1987 release: Entertainment 4 - T V. Times

The track in Question is:  B19   –Brian Bennett / J.T. Virgo*   Herald

Is this the first time this track appears and is it only 30secs long?   Its believed there is a middle 8 but I don't think this and Central just kept the longer version for its self. IE only the shorter 30sec version was ever given to library.

You can here the middle 8 on here: https://youtu.be/04NTS411Dxo?t=90

Any information would be grateful.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:35:57 PM by Burtonenq »

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Request for information about: Entertainment 4 - T V. Times
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:07:24 PM »
It seems this cue was only ever released in this 29 second version. It's the only one available on EMI's site as well.
I agree, that's odd considering the cue in a 'full' version can clearly be heard in that video.

Lord Thames

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 08:40:34 PM »
Jay T Virgo was Jim Stokoe, whose day job was head of promotions for Central Television - I suspect he wrote the full version (with Brian B) specifically for Central, and Music House either never got the full thing, or only bothered to release the 30" version.

Burtonenq

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »
Cheers, I had funny feeling this was to be the case, but just wanted to double check.