Author Topic: Lure of the Cocktail (Music for Cocktail Lounges)  (Read 2527 times)

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
Lure of the Cocktail (Music for Cocktail Lounges)
« on: January 19, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »

LMT has given me so friggin' much over the years. The amount of Library music, the amount of joy it has brought, it's just massive. I'm happy to give something back every once in awhile, even if its a very small token in comparison to the great generosity shown by others. So here I humbly offer a homemade mix that combines all my loves (or most of them anyway): Italian Soundtrack and Library music, cocktails and imagery of cocktails and lounges! Hopefully I was able to create an ambience that would successfully combine all three if one were in the mood to merge the experiences, or simply listen and imagine being there, somewhere else, a lounge maybe, sitting next to the woman or women (or man/men) of his or her dreams, sipping a perfectly chilled Old-Fashioned, or perhaps a Negroni.

Lure of the Cocktail (Music for Cocktail Lounges) is an eight volume set of (mostly) Italian Library and Soundtrack music taken primarily from the late 1960s to early 1970s. Included is a 48 page booklet that includes full track listings, photos of eminent Italian musicians, cocktail recipes designed to be sipped during the related mix and amusing excerpts on cocktail culture from Joseph Lanza's book, The Cocktail.

Though not an Italian music collection in name, the focus is squarely on the great Italian soundtrack composers of the era, men who need no introduction from me. The only volumes to stray much from the Italian center are Polynesian Holiday and The Oriental Lounge, but even they contain their share of the great Italian masters.

Whereas many of today's music compilations tend to spice up or sensationalize the image of the music of this order by repackaging and labeling it "Funk" or "Lounge" or some other term relevant to modern sensibilities, Lure of the Cocktail remains firmly rooted in nostalgia. It's goal is to transport the listener, Martini or Tom Collins or drink of choice firmly in hand, not only to a period so often fantasized and fetishized, but ultimately, to a place as timeless as the imagination will allow.

All apologies. I know this is a flac loving board, but this mix comes in at 256kbps, which has always been just fine by me. Zip file includes all 8 single track mixes and the 48 page booklet in jpeg format.

It is my pleasure to present Lure of the Cocktail...

mega.nz/#!duIQXa6R!sby6Xs2vpFvnovr7ebiHpUoI8v33F5AQTx9cKb9HcAE

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:06:45 AM by highplainsdrifter »

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Lure of the Cocktail (Music for Cocktail Lounges)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:28:03 AM »
Highplainsdrifter,
this is way much more than a small token.
It's a great job of love and dedication, which is the best you can offer, in my opinion.
It's a great offer, and I'm happy to take it.
I always like your cover arts, and this 48 pages booklet also attract my attention very much.
Just can't wait to open this gift box...
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:06:37 PM »
Stupendous production here, highplains! Such an impressive package.
Thanks so much for sharing this!

| Stack |

Flemming

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »
Beautiful, thank you very much highplainsdrifter!  :)

nidostar

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »
Amazing. Weren't the sixties great? Thank you very much.

baobab13

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 08:24:33 AM »
Congratulations Highplainsdrifter,
You have done a very impressive job!
Hats off and MERCI!

zoomo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 01:17:46 PM »
This has made my weekend, thanks very much for this!