Author Topic: 4 x Roger Roger *FLAC*  (Read 3375 times)

roope

4 x Roger Roger *FLAC*
« on: January 05, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
WARNING! CONTAINS A LOT OF PRAISE OF THE ARTIST!

Roger Roger was my gateway to library music, he's a God in my house, and I keep his (and Nardini's) records in my back bag all the time in case I need to leave to a desert island or if someone asks for some records to be sent to outer space in a golden spaceship.
Here's four non-library ones that include some of the best music on the planet.

[Neuilly] ‎- NLY P 2048 - Eric Swan ‎- Trumpet Mexico (1973)
www91.zippyshare.com/v/fiq1Y1Hg/file.html

Neuilly's commercial release, which I think should be more recognized than it is. It has mostly very catchy and emotionally loaded songs with great melodies. Some of the vibes get close to their masterpiece Jungle Obsession. This one was one of the first library (related) albums I got so I've given it dozens of spins and never got bored.

[Jaycee] ‎- JC 001 - Roger Roger ‎- Chatta Mooga Choo Choo (1976)
www23.zippyshare.com/v/gBJKYO4M/file.html

Probably the best moogsploitation album there is! Many albums in the genre are so so (although I like most of them), but I'm sure Roger Roger slept his nights very well after recording this one. Perfectly structured, detailed, crazy and full of joy!

[Tchou Éditeur] ‎- TCH 00100 - Roger Roger ‎- De La Musique Et Des Secrets Pour Enchanter Vos Plantes (1978)
mega.nz/#!KOgG2ARB!yqYpQSRGVr3m10eZDOsXx8B4kgzo70QcY3s-tfYyRZU

Roger Roger's share in one of the most exciting genres in electronic music - music for plants! This one is one of the most beautiful albums in Roger Roger's discography. Some of the songs just freeze you. It's now clear that Roger Roger is not only master of the human emotions but also the plant emotions. :o

The book that comes in the gatefold package is astonishing too, so please make sure to check it out. My file's layout and quality sucks, sometimes when I get a hold of A3 scanner, I'll upgrade.

[Perspective] - PER 8001 - Roger Roger ‎- Mooglight On Classics (1980)
www23.zippyshare.com/v/Adei7Y2O/file.html

This one is actually slightly boring, but a bit entertaining. Includes some sturdy electronic interpretations of classics.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:28:54 PM by roope »

tezeta

Re: 4 x Roger Roger *FLAC*
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 01:21:48 AM »
What a wonderful post! Roger was such a natural artist and deserves a ton more mention in library circles. Thanks so much for these, roope, especially the "music for plants" album; my previous copy was an mp3 version. Will definitely enjoy reading the booklet, too.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:49:39 AM by tezeta »

Flemming

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:32:42 PM »
Beautiful, looking forward to check these out, thanks a lot Roope!  :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:21:29 PM »
Wonderful share. I really dig Mr. RR.
Thank you Roope.
G.

Rocco

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 02:00:39 AM »
I see now this beautiful post. Thank you so much, Roope.

niknak

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 04:22:12 PM »
Could someone please re-up De La Musique Et Des Secrets Pour Enchanter Vos Plantes if possible? totally missed it. Many thanks

ericmivalstoothbrush

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »
Could someone please re-up De La Musique Et Des Secrets Pour Enchanter Vos Plantes if possible? totally missed it. Many thanks

I kindly second that request, because I completely missed this thread and love that LP which I only had in a incomplete mp3 rip... Thanks a bunch in advance.

Oh, and big thanks for the other Roger Roger albums. He's a god in my household, too! :D

roope

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »
we.tl/t-vm4a6y8mnS
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:24:40 PM by roope »

niknak

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
Thank you ever so much roope!

tezeta

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »
Hi roope et al.,

I was recently lucky enough to obtain a high-resolution (24bit/96kHz) rip of Roger x2's fabulous De La Musique Et Des Secrets Pour Enchanter Vos Plantes, and felt that I simply must share it with you all, as it sounds even cleaner and fuller than roope's 16/44 rip - which wasn't bad at all! I hope roope won't mind me sharing this in their thread... A million thanks to the original ripper.

Enjoy!!

mega.nz/#F!IKZGHIKR!fomiGY9IQZ11PZANj3GezA
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:51:34 PM by tezeta »

roope

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »
Sure, no problem!

ericmivalstoothbrush

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 09:20:15 PM »
Thanks roope, and thanks tezeta! Always nice to have two different versions to compare. :)

Three Wishes

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 01:49:40 PM »
I was hoping to check out these interesting four Roger Roger LP rips. Any chance of a reup?

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »

Hello Roope!

I'm sorry I missed your uploads, although I honestly don't know how I could have. And since I'm only just now realizing I've missed them, I'm kicking myself for doing so. Believe me, it takes a lot of will power to voluntarily kick oneself, repeatedly.

Will you please reup these LPs when you have the chance?  I'd really like a second chance to upgrade any (or all) of these lovely gems from the lowly 128 rips I have now.

While I appreciate that Tezeta's uploaded another rip of TCH 00100, and I"ll gladly partake of same with hearty appreciation, I'm still partial to :P tasty Roope Rips as often as possible.

Like the old US advert used to say, "Beware of imitations! If it doesn't say it's a Gen-U-Wine 'Roope Rip,' it isn't."  ;D

Of course, I did take liberties with the paraphrasing, etc, but I trust you get my drift.  ;)

Thanks fellas!
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

roope

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »
links updated! i'm glad these beauties are wanted! :)