Author Topic: De Wolfe x2  (Read 1670 times)

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
De Wolfe x2
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »

"Is there anybody out there?"

Sorry for the Pink Floyd reference. The devil made me do that...  ;D

Anyways, i"ve been looking a long time for 2 classic De Wolfe issues:

DWSLP 3300 - Spinechiller

DWSLP 3366 - Sun High

I'm looking for complete & clean, FLAC or WAV rips of either. Or BOTH.

They don't even have to be tagged, I can do that. I'd just be over the moon with clean copies of either.

Obviously, any tagging and/or hi res cover art (both sides) are a huge plus but  NOT crucial :)

LOSSLESS is the standard for me, as I already have raspy mp3 copies of both.  :-[

Obviously, there's MORE De Wolfes I obsess over, but why be greedy? Besides, there will be other opportunities for different LP rips another day.

Thanks for any assistance you're able to provide  ::)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Greta

• Administrator
Re: De Wolfe x2
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 04:57:36 PM »
Don't have those flacs, sorry.
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 05:52:04 PM »
Hey Muff. I’ll do these for you but my Spinechiller is a bit scratchy. Can do at weekend. Have I never shared a FLAC of Sun High before?

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
Hey Muff. I’ll do these for you but my Spinechiller is a bit scratchy. Can do at weekend. Have I never shared a FLAC of Sun High before?

I have a 320 rip of 3366 from July 2014. That one may be yours, not sure.
| Stack |

Muff Diver

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:56 PM »

You may have, but I've never found any. And I recognize that my LMT attendance has been spotty these past couple of years, so if you did issue a LOSSLESS rip of Sun High, then that was probably one of my (many) days off from LMT.

But thanks for taking the time to read my request. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »

You can see where I've pencilled in the ones I recognised from 'Dawn of the Dead' back in the mid 90's and that I was unsure about 'Figments' (Dawn of the Dead?).  I half thought I knew it from 'Prisoner Cell Block H' for a while.
A few clicks in places but FLAC so some improvement.

www81.zippyshare.com/v/z0s6XMIt/file.html

Here are cleaner CD rips of tracks 'Sun High' and 'Figments' as a bonus:
www72.zippyshare.com/v/xht72O24/file.html

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:06:56 PM by Retronic »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »

Again, you can see my pencilled 'D's and 'P's (For Dawn of the Dead or Prisoner Cell Block H).  These came within a haul of 800 in the mid-90's so I was just dropping the needle onto every track and making quick notes or circling the ones I liked.  At that time I didn't know of any DOTD tracks having been found or that it was even library music so it was a massive revelation to me finding these from a film I had seen so many times. 

Here's a slightly scratchy rip with the odd jump. 'Barrage' has a skip at the start but I have included this and three other CD tracks that you can replace into the vinyl rip if you wish.  FLAC.
www36.zippyshare.com/v/eyFQ2IL9/file.html

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
Thanks, Retro!
| Stack |

roope

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »
Thanks so so much!!! I'm especially happy to hear the Sun High, I've been very curious about it for long.

niknak

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
Thanks Retronic! (and Muff Diver for requesting) Anything DotD related is superb!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 08:48:56 PM »
Thanks a lot Retro!
G.

Flemming

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 11:45:35 PM »
Super, thank you very much Retronic.  :)

VibesAntagonist

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 12:23:17 AM »
This... this is incredible. I´ve always loved the Dawn music, and now I have them in lossless, ripped from vinyl?

Thank you so much retronic!

Muff Diver

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »

Oh my!

I never thought I'd ever see this day! I'm so geeked right now I feel like my mind is stuck.

Thank you so very much Retronic for taking the time out to rip these records and share them with the board.

I accept that some of these records will sound better than others, or that some skip, etc. That just comes with the territory of loving old records. I'm mainly grateful that you'd upload these just to share with like-minded music lovers.

I noticed the circles on the rear covers, then i'd read your notes around marking specific tracks, DOTD and Prisoner tracks, etc.

If it helps, here's a couple of links I'd found a while ago in re: DOTD. Perhaps these links are old news for you. Still, I hope that somebody reading this might check out these pages for the first time and feel that old rush and renewed love for Library Tunes, just like I get on the regular.

Also, the front / rear scans are never disappointing. That's always a plus :)

cccp://dawnofthedeadrocks.blogspot.com/2015/12/spinechiller-de-wolfe-records-dwslp3300.html

666p://dawnofthedeadrocks.blogspot.com/2015/12/sun-high-de-wolfe-records-dwslp3366-1977.html

Thanks again, Retronic. And also to all our friends who took an active interest in these records :)  Iron sharpens iron!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:29:19 PM by Muff Diver »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »
I posted elsewhere about working with Chris Stavrakis on this project Back in 2001.  I found these records in the mid 90’s and recognised the DOTD tracks. I hooked up with Chris cos he had a version of the cue list (full of mistakes). Using my records we started to make sense of the cue list and gathering the cues. I sent Rips from the same records as the ones here and Chris used those to make the 2 x CD soundtrack that was sold (by someone else) on eBay. 2004 Trunk bought his CD comp out and later Rob/ SeeNoEvil took the reins.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:38:33 AM by Retronic »