Author Topic: [Vedette] Armando Sciascia - Impressions in Rhythm & Sound (1970) [FLAC]  (Read 1669 times)

ericmivalstoothbrush

Continuing the space theme, here's another classic in the genre:

Armando Sciascia - Impressions in Rhythm & Sound ("On-the-Scene" Music Series, Vol. 36)
A Vedette Records Production
Recorded at the Vedette Records Sound Studios January 1970

Music compsoed, arranged and conducted by Armando Sciascia

Yet again, I'm too poor to actually afford an original Vedette, so this is taken from a 2016 vinyl reissue. As with the Umiliani LP, there are great bits and some annoying bits, but it's all part of what makes library music so much fun. The sales pitch for the reissue says this album is a "delirious instrumental concoction of pounding drums, supple bass, distorted piano, phased harpsichord, distressed organ and searing fretwork" and "a unique and lysergic Milanese trip"! I remember the first time hearing "Circuito Chiuso" and being completely knocked out by it.

Anyway, the reason I upload this is because the owners of the Vedette back catalogue seems to be people without ears. There is a version of this available on streaming services (and probably also as a lossless download), but that version is completely smothered in ugly digital noise reduction. You can barely hear the music underneath, and tracks like "Circuito Chiuso" loses all of its power and punch. The amazing "Sea Fantasy" album by Sciascia suffer from a similar fate, as they managed to ruin the sound of that one too. Perhaps someone has an original first pressing on Vedette? Would love to see that in FLAC! :)

Enough of my yakking, here's the link: spinalpap://www6.zippyshare.com/v/0JdOQYy0/file.html

sippinjava

Re: [Vedette] Armando Sciascia - Impressions in Rhythm & Sound (1970) [FLAC]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
NICE - thanks!

Flemming

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »
Thank you very much ericmivalstoothbrush!  :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »
You're so right Eric. They sound so different. I had the same flac file you mentioned and it sounds awful comparing to yours. Thanks for the job.
G.

tezeta

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:43 PM »
Thanks very much, eric - space is the place!!

owlglass

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »
Great! Thanks, Eric.

Rocco

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
Wonderful! Thank you, Eric, for sharing this gem.