Author Topic: Japanese Library Music  (Read 1023 times)

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
Japanese Library Music
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Japanese library music? From the little I know about Japanese music, it seems likely there was some in the 60s and 70s but I can't find any mention of it when I look around the internet. I'm going to Tokyo soon and will be visiting record shops so it would be good to know if there is some local library music I can look out for.

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Japanese Library Music
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:25:34 PM »
For the vinyl era? There's no such thing, I think. I'm no expert on Japanese music, TV or film, but I think they stocked a lot of foreign libraries. Especially British, German and Italian seem prevalent from what I've seen.
There are probably more, but the only contemporary Japanese label I know of is Groovers Music Library, which was founded 1991.

There are tons of soundtracks, however, and I know there are a few record shops in Japan that stock large amounts of library LPs! Check out Dessinee, for instance.
- Safe travels and happy digging ;)

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
Re: Japanese Library Music
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:48:14 PM »
Oh, OK. Thanks for the info and for the record shop tip. It looks like there are so many there, it's difficult to know how best to spend my time.