Author Topic: [De Wolfe Music] - DWCD Wishlist  (Read 3335 times)

ChunYinZi

Re: [De Wolfe Music] - DWCD Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2023, 06:37:21 AM »
Hi everyone and thanks for uploading collection to mega, much appreciated.
I just wanted to request one more CD - DWCD 0216. If someone have it, please upload. It has a very cool track.
Btw, you can get any album from de wolfe site, but only in mp3 128 kbit

No problem. I'd be happy to help you

htXXs://mega.nz/file/pPETGR5T#q4GM8b8qPcv4bxl2ZhgQCE1p-svcgePtZgSV9S5auSI

(Please change the prefix HTXXS to HTTPS)

megapro17

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 12:35:09 AM »

No problem. I'd be happy to help you

htXXs://mega.nz/file/pPETGR5T#q4GM8b8qPcv4bxl2ZhgQCE1p-svcgePtZgSV9S5auSI

(Please change the prefix HTXXS to HTTPS)
Omg thank you so much. I was looking for this cd for several years. I wouldn't believe anyone in December would remember that.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2023, 08:45:33 AM »
Wonderful shares!
DeWolfe was my very first library I checked, back then I didn't know what "library music" was even. But I knew it is exactly what I was always looking for. Now, roughly 14 years later, re-visiting many of the albums with a different mind and I get all the missed gems into my musical treasure chest. ChunYinZi helped me greatly with upgrading, but I usually only replaced tracks that I already had during my first sweep in ~2009. Completing albums and tracks I skipped feels so good, and that is just possible because of you amazing people.

LMT is surely something I will remember for my whole life, because this music is (and was the past 14 years) a solid part of my life, in all its emotions. And having such a fleshed out collection is just possible because of you amazing users here ready to share and open your collections and share the passion. There is no gatekeeping going on, maybe missed requests here and there which is a natural thing or time restrains to record or rip all of these. When I am old and my nephew asks me what "that cool music" is, I will tell him about a place called "Library Music Themes".

EDIT: Ugh, shamelessly requesting an album "Chartbreakers 4" (DWC155) or specificially the alternative version of the track "Follow". I have the main version thanks to ChunYinZi with the vocals, but I just discovered the piano version. . . .
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:23:02 AM by Psyclon »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2023, 09:04:15 AM »
Lovely to hear, Psyclon.   It's been a place I have visited daily for over ten years (other then the days we were offline of course, which were fairly few).  In my real life I have only one mate who id into it so this place allows me to come and enjoy something that is also special to me- the pleasure of the music has always been a mix of the music itself, including discovering new stuff all of the time and the memories attached to it, going back to as far as I can remember. It's always been there and always will. 

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2023, 09:20:51 AM »
Yes, I sometimes get quite emotional as the music here is so "tailored" to my feels and needs that it is attached to me and my soul. I listen to FM/DAB radio in the car and in a restaurant or a friend's house, but I am so tired so fast about "chart music". Not that it's bad, but it feels just wrong, commercialized. A Keith Mansfield album as counterweight is balm for my soul :D

And the place that makes this possible, LMT, will always have a space in my heart. (Does that sound strange for a 32-year old, super cynical hypermarket department manager with a goatee?) It is also probably the most mature, most laid back forum I have ever been to, even with perma-requester or what appears to be fake accounts for requesting a certain album. Usually these situations make things tense and falling apart, but here everything is just so mature and dealt with accordingly.

nidostar

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2023, 10:49:27 AM »
Yes, I sometimes get quite emotional as the music here is so "tailored" to my feels and needs that it is attached to me and my soul. I listen to FM/DAB radio in the car and in a restaurant or a friend's house, but I am so tired so fast about "chart music". Not that it's bad, but it feels just wrong, commercialized. A Keith Mansfield album as counterweight is balm for my soul :D

And the place that makes this possible, LMT, will always have a space in my heart. (Does that sound strange for a 32-year old, super cynical hypermarket department manager with a goatee?) It is also probably the most mature, most laid back forum I have ever been to, even with perma-requester or what appears to be fake accounts for requesting a certain album. Usually these situations make things tense and falling apart, but here everything is just so mature and dealt with accordingly.
I love your comments Psyclon. You're right. LMT is generally an easy-going forum where those who can are more than willing to share their, sometimes extensive, collections and knowledge with other members. There are the occasional bumps in the road and, as you say, the perma-quester and fake accounts for requesting a specific album (you noticed that too, eh?) but all in all it's a live and let live community getting on with the task in hand which is to enjoy this particular genre (though is library music a genre?) of music. I love it.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2023, 10:56:37 AM »
We have never set out any rules and that was deliberate, not an oversight.  After a rocky childhood and an adulthood of self discovery (I ended up being a trained counsellor, life coach and assertiveness trainer but do none of these as a job) I have a live and let live | treat people as adults outlook. I have said this many times over the years on here that this is a microcosm of real life and a community- in life when someone acts up I tend to ignore the bad behaviour and see past it when I can.  This has also worked here and I never like the idea of telling people how to behave- groups tend to work it out themselves over time.   Inevitable people who act out and they come and they go.    Usually when someone acts like an arsehole and you ignore them they move along because they haven't gotten the reaction they are used to getting and their needs aren't met.  Works every time.  In life people's emotions get triggered by all sorts of things- often trivial to a looker on and when they throw down their 'REACT TO ME' gauntlet I tend to leave it right where it is.   Life is therefore a lot less stressful and I have more time to listen top library records- my happy place.

GradyTate

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2023, 05:27:03 PM »
A wise and admirable outlook, Retronic. 
We each have our life to live, no one can experience that like we each do, I am glad we are all connected by our love for Library Music.

WilliamTV

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2023, 09:09:51 PM »
do you have Achievers 0048

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2023, 09:20:39 PM »
Yes, it's there. I just checked it. You just need to carefully read the thread again and the solution to your request will reveal itself.

One that is not there is Chartbreakers 4, which I am going to request though  ;D

WilliamTV