Author Topic: [Music Scene] - MSE 119 - The Ezy Minus Group - Sounds and Colours  (Read 3284 times)

Greta

• Administrator
Re: [Music Scene] - MSE 119 - The Ezy Minus Group - Sounds and Colours
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 02:07:28 AM »
Muff, we have a tremendous tool available for these things. It's the italian site of the society for authors and publishers (SIAE), which is freely examinable.
There you can find every original composer and the publisher for each track published in Italy.
For this record, the listed original composers are Enzo Minuti, Fabio Borgazzi and Giorgio Giuseppe Lecardi (Dodias), depending on the tracks. Publisher, Minstrel Edizioni Musicali di Borgazzi (!!!) Maria Grazia SAS.
G.

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 02:53:14 AM »
I'm not yet able to recognize his style when I hear the music, so how does a listener recognize what he composed if his credits aren't recorded within the covers or label scans?

Someone checked each track of this album with the SIAE Database and then added the missing credits to Discogs. (In this case it was hope2, but most of the time it is Mr!).

You can double check the credits for yourself. Go to the SIAE Database (h++ps://www.siae.it/en/archivioOpere). Under "Repertorio" select Musica. Under "Filtra per" type in the name of a track, such as "Stone Dike," where it says "Inserisci." Prove you are not a robot. And then you will see this:

Borgazzi is registered as a composer even though he does not receive credit on the album.

It is also a useful tool for finding out aliases. "Dodias" is credited on the album. Here you can see that is Giorgio Lecardi.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 11:36:28 AM »
And in this case you can also see that the original title was "Sassi Levigati" (the title of the track on the Music Scene MS7)
G.

roope

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
Muff, we have a tremendous tool available for these things. It's the italian site of the society for authors and publishers (SIAE), which is freely examinable.
There you can find every original composer and the publisher for each track published in Italy.
For this record, the listed original composers are Enzo Minuti, Fabio Borgazzi and Giorgio Giuseppe Lecardi (Dodias), depending on the tracks. Publisher, Minstrel Edizioni Musicali di Borgazzi (!!!) Maria Grazia SAS.

What a great tool, thanks for the tip! And it's great to see that Maria Borgazzi owned Minstrel! Not surprised though!

elifunk

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »
top share LMTH303, thanks!

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »

You know, I'd missed the responses to my earlier question re: databases, aliases, etc. Even though I didn't reply in a timely manner, I read the response recently and i wanted to thank both Greta and Detective for sharing their helpful suggestions.

Thanks for the info re: SIAE  :)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit