Author Topic: Possible library track sampled in a hiphop song  (Read 2193 times)

Sputch

Possible library track sampled in a hiphop song
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
Hey guys,

I've been diving into library music recently, and I found your forum yesterday. Man, do you guys have a lot of information, it's incredible.
I've always been interested in library, but my recent deep dive has been fueled by the search for a sample, that I think is from a library record.

The song in question is 'Madvillain - Sermon' from the album 'Madvillainy 2: The Madlib Remix' https://youtu.be/7SgUqKLO4q0. The sample starts at 0:06, the second part of the sample at 0:17. I'm thinking it's from a library record from the late 70s/early 80s, and I was hoping that if that's the case one of you might recognize it.

I wish I could contribute more than a request for a song ID with my first post, but I'm only starting to get into library, so all I can do at this point is learn :)

Sputch

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Possible library track sampled in a hiphop song
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »
Welcome aboard Sputch.
No idea about the sample, sorry.
G.

Sputch

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
Welcome aboard Sputch.
No idea about the sample, sorry.

That's too bad, thanks for listening to it though. Do you think I'm on the right path searching for it in library music?

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Probably. Yes.
G.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
Ugh, I've been looking for this one too. Wish I had an answer for you! Certainly sounds very much like a late 70's/early 80's library cue.

Sputch

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »
Ugh, I've been looking for this one too. Wish I had an answer for you! Certainly sounds very much like a late 70's/early 80's library cue.

Man, I’m sad to hear you don’t know it either, but happy to hear there is someone else on the hunt too. If you are interested in sample spotting you should join us in the Sample Spotters facebook, someone with a lot of library knowledge would be much appreciated I’m sure. Sermon is on our top 20 most wanted samples list, so if you happen to find it at some point you can make a lot of people happy haha

Sputch

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
Gonna bump this post just in case someone that knows it hasn't seen the post yet

Sputch

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
Another friendly bump! :)

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »
Oh, wish we could help.  I’m in the Facebook group and was active on the-breaks.com around library samples. Don’t know these though. Wish I did.

Sputch

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
Oh, wish we could help.  I’m in the Facebook group and was active on the-breaks.com around library samples. Don’t know these though. Wish I did.

That's too bad man

See you around on Facebook then haha!