Author Topic: might not be library but worth a shot.  (Read 1517 times)

niknak

might not be library but worth a shot.
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
When I was a kid I used to tape songs off the TV that I liked, I was also into Computer graphics in the 80's and recorded a lot of the documentaries that were on the BBC and others circa 88-92. some of the animations had some amazing music, some definitely cribbed from library and some were custom.
I recently found an old audio tape with a piece of music on it that I loved, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what documentary I recorded it from. None that seem to be on youtube any way. which is a shame as that would have given me a direction to look in for the name of the track - I have a vague memory that it was from some kind of water simulation, and that william lathams - mutations was featured on the same show.

Anyhow here's the recording - the voice at the end is all that was recorded, if you know the track - library or not - put me out of my misery and let me know!!

I've called it "genki" as I think that is what the lady says..

Genki://www28.zippyshare.com/v/w4QEt5FZ/file.html

Greta

• Administrator
Re: might not be library but worth a shot.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 10:47:00 PM »
Gosh...no idea!
G.

JMTeixeira

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »
Sounds a lot like and industrial piece, if you can call it that. I thought it could be from Pizzicato Five, but not sure. Used music identifying app and uploaded to YT to check if the copyright notice might pop up, but struck out on both, I´m afraid. For the sake of the argument and in case it helps Genki = 元気 means fine/healthy/vigorous/energetic in English. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:41:35 AM by JMTeixeira »

niknak

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
Thanks  JMTeixeira!

Its an odd piece for sure, the bass has a very <>1990 ravey sine wave sound, the rest reminds me of some of gary changs Under Siege soundtrack (its not - I checked) but similar samples/synths.
I'll deep dive Pizzicato Five and report back, Thanks for trying with YT, good tip! The voice could be saying 'genki colour'.. something maybe. or denki perhaps...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:51:09 AM by niknak »

JMTeixeira

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »
Cool, and glad you´ve mentioned that the word uttered might be "denki" instead of "genki". In that case, it has several meanings, although the ones more appropriate related to the song might be: romance/biography/life story; it also means: electricity, electric lights, electrical machinery. Hey, if this helps, the better. Hope this track pops up on your side.

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 03:45:53 AM »
Hey can I get another sample of this? I found something that vaguely reminded me of this but not sure if it was the right one or not.
Thanks.

niknak

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »
Hi Retronator

Sorry I didn't see your reply until now - here's a reupload.  :)

hNNps://www33.zippyshare.com/v/EraXrmTX/file.html

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
Awesome, but that's not the one I was thinking of. I found "Home Computer" from Technoworld 2 - Parry Music. It has a similar voxy effect that must have reminded me of the part around 16 seconds in. You know what, it could possibly be from Parry or De Wolfe. Off the top of my head, those two libraries used a very similar effect.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:25:44 PM by Retronator »