Author Topic: I used library music for my Toys R Us Liquidation walk through.  (Read 1348 times)

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
I'm not sure this is appropriate here, but in the USA, Toys R Us, a major staple of kids toys for a generation of gen-Xers and older millennials, is closing down for good at the end of June.  I have been visiting several of the locations near me and doing video walkthroughs of the stores at the end of their liquidation phase, when they are selling off fixtures and the stores are half roped off because of bare shelves and empty displays.  I think it is important documentary footage to film and photograph these types of things before they die for good.  My most recent walkthrough was plagued with blaringly loud top-40 pop music, so I took the audio out (youtube is copyright-strike happy) and replaced it with a few poignant library selections.  I'm quite proud of what I did here and I figured I'd share it with a few folks who can appreciate the value of such music.  I hope you find it interesting and appropriate for this forum.

For funky mall walkthroughs set to Library Music, be sure to watch
Raw & Real Retail
New videos every Saturday!

Your Pal Doug

Re: I used library music for my Toys R Us Liquidation walk through.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Nice film.  your music choice made the experience bittersweet.
I recently visited one too, only my focus was on the toys.  Bought Ren & Stimpy Action figures for my son's birthday.

I remember when Toys R Us was called Bargain Town.  My mom says she used to shop for presents for us while we were riding in the seat portion of the cart.  We wouldn't even notice what she was buying, while focusing intently on the surrounding toys and displays.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »
Interesting project. Filming the end of retail.
What's the ID of the last tune, maudlin version of the "Toys R Us Kid" jingle?
| Stack |

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
The last track is the only non-library track. I used it for heart-string pulling effect.  It is another youtuber's minor key version of the jingle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvTplYFJUFQ
For funky mall walkthroughs set to Library Music, be sure to watch
Raw & Real Retail
New videos every Saturday!