Author Topic: Cuasares ‎– Afro-Progresivo  (Read 1529 times)

Dick Turpin

Cuasares ‎– Afro-Progresivo
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
This isn't a library/soundtrack but it damn well should be and is up there with some of the finest Italian of them in the Psychedelic, Funk, Prog Rock vein :

hxxps://www.discogs.com/Cuasares-Afro-Progresivo/release/11819232

I'd never heard of this LP until I read Spychedelicsally's (always has good taste and thanks for the heads up) and discovered this had been re-released in May 2018.

Seek out this LP if your taste is Psychedelic, Funk, Prog Rock as you won't be disappointed - available in FLAC if you know where to look ;)

Always nice discovering something when you think you've heard it all before :)

DT

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:31:23 AM by Dick Turpin »
Hands up, give me all your hammond !

cratedigga

Re: Cuasares ‎– Afro-Progresivo
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »
Hi, Dick,

Outstanding find! I like very much this kind of esoteric record with psych funk and prog rock tunes, it's holy bread for the connoisseurs...

Here an interesting feedback by Lunatic Of Pot's Creation, found on Youtube:

Holy grail psychedelic latin from the Argentine underground. Easily one of the hottest discoveries over the last year to finally reach a handful of European collectors. This killer session by a mysterious studio group led by pianist Waldo Belloso has been quietly changing hands for up to 4 figure sums. Aptly named Afro Progresivo for obvious reasons… An intoxicating blend of afro latin music with rock / psychedelia / funk and jazz. Unusual, addictive arrangements. Surprisingly funky and groovy with that youthful and carefree hippie sound of the period. Certain themes and playing styles have European influences with shades of the Italian Library / French and UK lounge sound. Raw and primitive with crude studio FX and treated instrumentation. Fabulous basslines / percussion / stoned guitars / fuzz distortions / spaced-out synthesizers / psych organ / flute / piano / exotic marimba and jazzy vibraphone on here. Expect lots of beats from the funky drummer too. Our soundclip opens with the psychedelic flute funk and drum breaks of CUASARES (1st phase) followed by AMALGAMA / VERTICAL / MUTACION / PENTATONIK then other important themes. EVANESCENTE has that UK Hammer House Of Horror guitar sound / SIMBIOSIS is syncopated afro latin spiked with acid guitar marimba etc and the 2nd long phase of CUASARES is an amazing psychedelic blues with beats / jazz piano and trippy studio FX. If you like La Barra De Chocolate - Proyectos De Un Ladron Prisionero then our Cuasares item will blow you away. Cuasares might also be too obscure for even a Pokora entry(?) Great for DJs. Nice production and this copy is from old deadstock so as good as it gets (regardless of any audible / visual blemishes) for an Argentinian recording from the early ‘70s and this particular release, in general.
Library music changed my life!

Col Wolfe

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:35:12 AM »

Seek out this LP if your taste is Psychedelic, Funk, Prog Rock as you won't be disappointed - available in FLAC if you know where to look ;)

Always nice discovering something when you think you've heard it all before :)

DT

I wish I knew where to look for FLAC!
www spokerecords co uk

cratedigga

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
Hi Col,

You can purchase the lossless digital version at Bandcamp for 7 € (about 8.5 $):

https://guerssenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/afro-progresivo
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:01:33 PM by cratedigga »
Library music changed my life!

Col Wolfe

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 08:52:32 PM »
Hi Col,

You can purchase the lossless digital version at Bandcamp for 7 € (about 8.5 $):

https://guerssenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/afro-progresivo

Did this.  Killer stuff!
www spokerecords co uk

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 09:28:51 PM »
Weird, I'ver seen a comment to this record at the very beginning of my digging in to library music and related, back in 2012 more or less.
It was about a sell on ebay I think (not an extremely high price..), and I went digging it.
What I found was really exciting, and I'm listening to it since then, occasionally.
It's amazing. "Cuasares" is unattainable. I'm glad Pharaway Sounds decided to re-issue it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:31:59 PM by Greta »
G.

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Dick. On top of this now. I always appreciate Library suggestions. Always forces me to listen more intensely to try to relate to what the person suggesting it might've heard that I otherwise may not have. I've a feeling I'll like this one ;)