Author Topic: [Golden Ring, Happy Records, Europhon, Elite Special] Frank Pleyer - 11 LP, FLAC  (Read 5546 times)

Voleslavich

• German, happy, funky, orchestral!

bongo_rock

Thank you, Voleslavich!

I'm really looking forward to check these records out. ;)

Greta

• Administrator
Great! Thank you very much Voleslavich.
G.

Flemming

Beautiful, thanks a lot Voleslavich!  :)

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
Thanks so much for these! One of the few links that's not blocked for me here in China! Perfect music for swinging bachelors. I've recently been compiling a lot of Easy Listening and swinging Euro Jazz orchestras and this fits perfectly alongside Kai Winding, Nelson Riddle, John Barry, Bert Kaempfert's stronger material, etc. Listening to "Topless" now and love the swinging-strip teasing vibe. Can't wait to work through all of these.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:45:40 AM by highplainsdrifter »

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
A Couple things. The Golden Ring 'Romantic Mood' album is superb, especially side B. But I did notice, and I believe someone here a couple years ago shared the 320 rip of this same album. But that rip is at a slower tempo, roughly 7-8% slower and is immediately noticeable. Any idea which is the true speed? Hard for me to be certain but it feels like the older 320 rip runs too slow, although I'm more fond of a couple of the slower versions of the first track in particular.

Regardless, I highly recommend to pour a martini and saddle up with your favorite person or thing and give this album a listen if you dig orchestral easy listening vibes.

Voleslavich

• German, happy, funky, orchestral!
But that rip is at a slower tempo, roughly 7-8% slower and is immediately noticeable. Any idea which is the true speed?
You can check it quite easily comparing real time of compositions with that marked on the cover.
They must be 4-5 seconds shorter cause i removed silence.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:58:17 AM by voleslavich »

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
But that rip is at a slower tempo, roughly 7-8% slower and is immediately noticeable. Any idea which is the true speed?
You can check it quite easily comparing real time of compositions with that marked on the cover.
They must be 4-5 seconds shorter cause i removed silence.

Yes, this is true, but if you listen to the two different rips, the older 320's speed is immediately noticeably slower to the ear.