Author Topic: Unreleased Soundtracks  (Read 10385 times)

Digga

Unreleased Soundtracks
« on: August 01, 2023, 03:12:56 PM »
Hi Everyone ! Fan of soundtracks and library music and influenced by the work of the late Blog Fraykers Revenge, I present to you my first unreleased soundtrack "Seven" from 1979. All the songs are from KPM Music. I created fake front and back cover to "bring life" to this soundtrack (I tried to import the covers image directly into the topic but I failed lol). I hope you enjoy this soundtrack.

hxxps://pixeldrain.com/u/KT55TpyK
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 03:20:31 PM by Digga »

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Unreleased Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 03:41:43 PM »
I love these projects and there's some great tracks in there from the golden age of KPM.   Thanks
What software did you use to 'age' the LP cover? 

Digga

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 04:02:56 PM »
Thank you very much Retronic I'm glad you like it, I take the original movie poster and then I work with Photoshop mainly. I have other Unreleased Soundtracks in progress that I will post soon.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 04:32:11 PM »
Great- give us a shout of you want help ID'ing any tracks or you want any files.  I made a few comps like this- Rabid, Deadly Weapons, Scream For Vengeance, etc from library tracks myself a few years ago.   Frayker aged the Rabid cover for me back then actually.

Digga

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 05:31:43 PM »
That's really cool! I had Deadly Weapons in my notes :) we need more comps like this definitely.

potzorbie

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2023, 05:57:01 PM »
I love stuff like this! Great movie to do too. I've been working on my own for Kentucky Fried Movie.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 12:17:24 AM »
Cool!

I love that artwork. Fraykers influence is so clear.

Unfortunately I'm crap with Photoshop (actually, I don't even have it installed).
I'm on Mac and I use Gimp sometimes (absolutely non-skilled amateur level).
Do you think a similar job can be done with Gimp too?

Great job Digga. Thanks for sharing.
G.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 12:09:43 PM »
You just need a LP cover / and "blanc damage" images and layer them on top, then blend them over accordingly.
Sounds a bit complicated, but it makes sense if you know what that actually means.

For example:
I use the DeWolfe cover of "Working It Out". I have also selected my "damage" that I want to "inflict" over the clean image.

Normally, a new layer will always obstruct the one below. A layer is, just like in real life, an image or object. If you put your keychain on a letter, the keychain will be on top. (Duh :D) But now we want to blend it over. There are many ways for a graphic program such as Photoshop, GIMP or, like I use for 15 years, "PhotoFiltre", they are called almost the same. By doing so, it will not overlay/cover, but merge with the underlying image(s).

Does not look very convincing yet, but now you can play with various parameters, filters, and different layers. For example, setting the "damage" layer only to a 30% opacity makes it more plausible. Maybe adding crispness to both images, simulate older print quality by changing colour values, play with contrast, add "edge filters" to create a bit of a sloppy printing quality/bad printing press et cetera. There are endless possibilities to play with. Also adding real-life logic to things make it also plausible in GFXing: If you have a picture and you drop ink on it, what happens? The ink is ON TOP of the image (the layer above) but mostly dried out (lower opacity, less colour saturation) and the ink will be sucked up by the underlaying cellulose (blending in).

Here I added more contrast to both the damage and the source image, added a lot of yellow colour imbalance to only the source image and added crispness to only the source image again, not the damages. I must admit I just pulled out random stuff, so this is why it looks so cheap and blurry :D It's a mere demonstration though. You can find many "damages" on Google. You can use any thing (e.g. "old paper"), but if you happen to have an old, white paper sleeve of your LP, take an upside-down picture of it so you have the outlines of the disk visible. Now "layer" it onto the usually clean and perfect CD inlay, either by using the blend modes or by "Alpha channeling" (read as: Removing) the white sleeve so only the outlines and paper wrinkles stay. It is actually that easy.

In this example I added a layer of "dust" to it, again cheeply within 30 seconds, but it's just a demo again:

I make guides for a video game in the style of "old, gilded paper" but of course, the video game itself is modern and colourful. I use many "old paper", "vintage book", "wrinkled paper" et cetera, often layering 10+ more of them carefully together. After a while, you will get the hang of it and it's actually pretty cool. Since all the programs kinda work the same but use different steps and menus, I can only stay superficial like this.

nidostar

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 01:41:25 PM »
Thanks for this Digga. I love the artwork. But I am curious. All of the tracks in your compilation have been previously shared on this forum in FLAC format. I just wondered why you chose to go with mp3 on this occasion?

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 02:40:36 PM »
Thanks for the brief tutorial. I will try sooner or later.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
Cool, digga! Good work. I love these sorts of projects. Keep them coming!
| Stack |

potzorbie

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 03:16:20 PM »
Thanks for this Digga. I love the artwork. But I am curious. All of the tracks in your compilation have been previously shared on this forum in FLAC format. I just wondered why you chose to go with mp3 on this occasion?
I've already upgraded my own version  ;D

Digga

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 05:15:00 PM »
Thank you potzorbie ! Kentucky Fried Movie very good choice.

Thanks Greta i'm glad you like!
I don't know much about Gimp but I think it works too, it's just superimposition of texture and layer, i like when it's not too much aged but just enough :)

Thank you nidostar, I try to stick as much as possible with the style of the time. Yes for sure but I didn't have them all in .Flac and I found it weird to have mp3 and Flac mixed so I put everything in mp3.

Thank you stackjackson !!! more Unreleased Soundtracks coming soon.

Digga

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 04:11:40 PM »
Hi everyone ! Next unreleased soundtrack and one of my favorite movie genres the good old Blaxploitation « Hammer » from 1972, Music composed by Solomon Burke, supervision and orchestration by Jerry Styner. I extracted every songs straight from the movie so there is fx and voice interference but this soundtrack deserves to be shared (I also made a front and back cover :) ). There is some info on the very cool daaracarchive website but links are literally been dead for years so I made mine. I hope you enjoy this unreleased soundtrack friends !!!

hxxps://pixeldr@in.com/u/GheU3S35

« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 04:47:48 PM by Digga »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2023, 05:05:25 PM »
Looks amazing- great job