Author Topic: Introducing PMCDAP (Production Music CD Archive Project)  (Read 1167 times)

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
Re: Introducing PMCDAP (Production Music CD Archive Project)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2024, 01:53:12 AM »
I can't believe this. Why am i excited for this when i'm not allowed to get the music, just for a "legal" reasons?! Was it because of a "piracy catastrophe"? Or could that be, like, i don't know what to say.

(sorry for my harsh response or my worst rant ever made, it was only my stated opinion. :-\)

Swift, i don't want to ask you that question, but, let me tell you about the detail about "legal" reasons. Why aren't providing downloads (like on musrc.com)? Was it because it could be a "piracy catastrophe" situation? Or might be, a money loss of a production music companies?! Let me know, so i can get a clear and fresh information about it. Thanks! :o :o :o

(and hopefully someday i could download these, or not. :o :o :o)

You are misunderstanding what was said. Right now things are just getting figured out.
Oh. Sorry for that. I felt embarrassed right now. :-[ :-[ :-[

Swift138

Re: Introducing PMCDAP (Production Music CD Archive Project)
« Reply #31 on: Today at 02:38:11 AM »
Another project update:
Although not explicitly stated on the FAQ or Tutorial pages yet, some other programs like DBPoweramp are accepted as ripping programs if you use those. We have found that gap data is actually something that at least most CD ripper programs will process correctly. If you are using another program and aren't sure if it should be accepted, feel free to contact us.
Basically, if the rip is in any lossless format and if there is CD text present and unaltered (which the majority of albums don't actually seem to have, mostly just later Carlin albums), and scans of all media is provided, then it will probably be accepted.