Author Topic: Robert Hall Productions/New World - Full Albums  (Read 3812 times)

NatetheDoofy

Robert Hall Productions/New World - Full Albums
« on: November 09, 2023, 05:04:03 PM »
Howdy!

I'm no expert on Production Libraries, but I've been meaning to join this forum because one library has followed me around for quite some time.

Robert Hall Productions/New World is such a mysterious label, but one I've been captivated by for several years. It's amazing how such a large, unique library has been lost to the winds of time. But I've acquired several albums over the past year, and I've wanted to release them out into the world, just so more material from this monumental Library can be publicly available. I thought it'd be appropriate to share these albums with you lovely folks!

RH 42-43 -

https://archive.org/details/rh-42-43-robert-hall-productions-full-album

RH 50-51 -

- https://archive.org/details/rh-50-51-robert-hall-productions-full-album

RH 80-81 -

- https://archive.org/details/rh-80-81-robert-hall-productions-full-album

RH 230-231 -

- https://archive.org/details/rh-230-231-robert-hall-productions-full-album

W 288-289/John Danser -

- https://archive.org/details/w-288-289-robert-hall-productions-full-album

I decided to leave my transfers raw without any editing to avoid over processing. If you ever wanted to toy with my existing rips, feel free!

This is perhaps the only place I've found helpful, detailed discussion on Robert hall Productions, so thank you everyone for your great research and thoroughness! I intend on tracking down and preserving more of these albums, so if you wanted to help out, had any comments or information, or know the whereabouts of other releases, let me know! Or you can send an email at roberthallarchive@gmail.com.

Thanks, and God bless!     
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:53:02 PM by NatetheDoofy »

nidostar

Re: Robert Hall Productions - Various Albums
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:17:57 PM »
Thank you for this share NatetheDoofy. An interesting selection from sound effects to jingles to some instrumental tracks by the look of it. I look forward to listening to them.

I was about to say that Robert Hall Productions was a new one on me but I see I have a copy of RH216/217 in my collection which I most likely acquired from this forum back in 2018.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 01:36:30 PM »
Thanks, Nate! Especially, RH 230-31 & 288-89! And welcome to LMT!

Very cool on your YouTube posts how you get that arrow to point to the song that's playing :D

I edited your post, but best not to hotlink to archive.org.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 01:48:52 PM by stackjackson »
| Stack |

apmnut

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 04:32:48 PM »
Nate, you don't know how happy I am to see that somebody like you has dedicated themselves to tracking down and preserving the albums of this obscure label, and speaking as somebody who's been deeply fascinated by this obscure label for a while I can't thank you enough for your efforts. And I see you've used some of these in your animations - very nice to see their music library get some usage in this day and age, and equally nice animation to boot! Cheers!

I've been interested by this label myself for quite sometime, particularly their effects library, since I'm an amateur sound editor and enthusiast myself, and I download their albums whenever I come across 'em. There's some neat gems of sounds on these I haven't found on any other stock library of this vintage and it's always fun stumbling upon one of them whilst watching something, a fun "A-ha! I recognize that sound!" moment for me. Plus they're pretty weird in some regard, like how some of them accidentally have the slate intact, like a couple of the door sounds on one of the ones you've shared.

I even have a little Google Doc where I've noted observations and sightings of the effects on the ones I have seen ripped prior, and can happily share you my observations on their effects library whenever possible.

So to sum it up, very happy to see you taking it upon yourself to upload as many unavailable RH albums as possible, and here's to many more. Kudos!

NatetheDoofy

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 04:35:43 PM »
Thanks, Nate! Especially, RH 230-31 & 288-89! And welcome to LMT!

Very cool on your YouTube posts how you get that arrow to point to the song that's playing :D

I edited your post, but best not to hotlink to archive.org.

Thanks! I'm very happy to be a part of this forum.

Terribly sorry about those hotlinks! I'll keep that in mind from now on.

I'll be sure to share any other rare library releases I come across with you folks in the future! :D

NatetheDoofy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 12:31:06 AM »
Nate, you don't know how happy I am to see that somebody like you has dedicated themselves to tracking down and preserving the albums of this obscure label, and speaking as somebody who's been deeply fascinated by this obscure label for a while I can't thank you enough for your efforts. And I see you've used some of these in your animations - very nice to see their music library get some usage in this day and age, and equally nice animation to boot! Cheers!

I've been interested by this label myself for quite sometime, particularly their effects library, since I'm an amateur sound editor and enthusiast myself, and I download their albums whenever I come across 'em. There's some neat gems of sounds on these I haven't found on any other stock library of this vintage and it's always fun stumbling upon one of them whilst watching something, a fun "A-ha! I recognize that sound!" moment for me. Plus they're pretty weird in some regard, like how some of them accidentally have the slate intact, like a couple of the door sounds on one of the ones you've shared.

I even have a little Google Doc where I've noted observations and sightings of the effects on the ones I have seen ripped prior, and can happily share you my observations on their effects library whenever possible.

So to sum it up, very happy to see you taking it upon yourself to upload as many unavailable RH albums as possible, and here's to many more. Kudos!

Thanks, mate! Robert Hall Productions has fascinated me for many of the same reasons; The library has such a bizarre flare to it that truly makes it stand out. Their music specifically entices me; it's all charming, experimental, and sometimes outstanding. The production value, as you've pointed out, seems less professional, but it really adds to the label's character.

I vividly recall listening to bits & bobs from RH 234-235 for the first time, and wondering, "what's the deal with this lovely music?". After barely finding much else from Robert Hall when browsing YouTube or Google that same day, I knew I had to uncover more eventually. Very honored to say that...I have found stuff!

I'd love to hear any observations you've got regarding their effects! I've recently been spotting certain Robert Hall effects in random places too, partly thanks to YouTube's wonderful content ID bots...but I digress.

I hope to archive more from this underappreciated library in the near future, and I'll be sure to share my rips! :) 

apmnut

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 03:11:32 AM »
No problem, mate! Bizarre is a perfect word for much of them, not just the sounds but the way they were packaged together. It's obvious these releases didn't always have the best care put into them, what with audio slates being left intact on occasion and unrelated sounds being just slapped together on one album (and one album even apparently has a sound effects person coaching a crowd what sounds to make, per somebody on the Steve Hoffman forums), but that's just part of the charm of their albums.

Oh, and psst - check your messages. ;)

Flemming

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 09:21:41 PM »
Very cool, thank you very much NatetheDoofy.  :)

Your Pal Doug

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »
Thank you Nate the Doofy!
I like Robert Hall albums as well.
Thanks so much for RH-230, RH-231 Thematic Music.
Looks like a good one.

Your pal,

Doug

mucrim

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks a lot NatetheDoofy. New Robert Halls

NatetheDoofy

Re: Robert Hall Productions - Full Albums
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 12:09:54 AM »
Hi folks!

I've recently acquired more Robert Hall Productions/New World Albums and got them uploaded earlier today! Here's where you can find 'em:

RH 54-55

RH 68-69

W 1-2

W 250-251

For the original FLACs, I've compiled my collection thus far in this Drive folder:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KDoZ_yEf158sJ2XPwQ1eSFDOhjRjkBUm?usp=sharing

You can also download them through Internet Archive:

archive.org/details/@nathan_gnewikow

I intend to keep this a continuous, open thread where this label and it's albums can continue to be shared, archived, and discussed. If any of you have any Robert Hall Productions/New World albums lying around, or have any insider knowledge regarding the label's history, feel free to share if you wish! As for me, I'll be sure to chime in whenever I make any new discoveries.

God bless! 
« Last Edit: Today at 01:08:11 PM by NatetheDoofy »

apmnut

Re: Robert Hall Productions/New World - Full Albums
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 03:48:20 AM »
Oh, it's a good day indeed seeing you upload more of these!

I'm especially digging the two production music albums the most, an interesting hodge-podge of styles. It's especially interesting how, although those two were likely released in the mid-70s, some of the tracks on there sound much older, especially on W-1/2. Really did not expect any of the music albums from them to be the same thrown-together albums of unrelated material that many of their FX albums are.

"Lift Off Almost" is my favorite of the bunch, though, with all those random sound effects included in the track (including a sequence of boings and zips which have long been favorites of mine, used by Hanna-Barbera and many other studios over the years). I definitely share your intrigue by it, and I have to wonder what such a track was meant for before winding up in this library.

The SFX albums are a delight as well. It's nice to finally hear one of my holy grail albums (54/55), and suffice to say, it didn't disappoint. Some fun cartoony noises on it, although I didn't recognize a ton of them besides a familiar boing at the end of the "Flutter Boings" track (originally from the Major 78 library).

Good stuff as always, Nate! You've delivered the goods once more. And thanks for acknowledging me for reccing you 54/55!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 05:41:39 AM by apmnut »

Fuzi

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 04:04:18 AM »
Thank you Nate, always an entertaining listen ;)
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 06:08:57 AM »
Thanks Nate  :)
LMT my safe place.

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales