Author Topic: Discussion - "the non-library" section has been frozen, temporarily  (Read 1700 times)

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: Discussion - "the non-library" section has been frozen, temporarily
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2024, 01:43:56 PM »
... To be honest I couldn't actually pin down a point where the section started going off the rails. Even the first screen of most recent contributions seems to follow much the same themes as the oldest - minus the Soviet music of course!!.

That's because we removed all those latest posts, which included standard R&B/Funk groups, mainstream jazz records, unrelated soundtracks, etc.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
Re: Discussion - "the non-library" section has been frozen, temporarily
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2024, 01:13:08 PM »
I believe that the founders of this forum have a single vision of the utility of this forum while the users see the other parts equally (non-library, Track IDs, etc).

I don't know if it's my comprehension of the English idiom or not, so I'm not sure I exactly got what you mean Bronic, but I'll point out this:
The single vision of the forum includes every single one of the sub-forums sections. I mean, "General Discussion", "Blogs", "DIY", "Requests", "Reissues", "Tracks ID's"Film, TV and Radio Cues", "Labels", "Composers and Artists"...
every single one has born with the same focus of the forum itself, each one of them was conceived referring to the world of library music.
We also see "the other parts equally", but certainly not in the same misrepresented way in which many see it.

Yet it's a steep crackdown on a popular and harmless subsections of the forum. It's not like Michael Jackson's (Bruton Music's owner) discography would ever be posted there.

Popular? Probably
Harmless? Not for us
G.