Author Topic: posts deleted?  (Read 387 times)

geo

posts deleted?
« on: March 19, 2024, 01:23:07 PM »
hello friends,

greta, I noticed some posts from early last year are mentioned as deleted, and those album shares are being re-posted afresh. for example, I recently noticed your edpihon nadalin and your split of my cetra assandri re-shared.

were swaths of posts lost/purged?

thanks for your help!!

:)
geo
password: libmusicnet
geo

Greta

• Administrator
Re: posts deleted?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 01:30:52 PM »
Gosh, I have no idea.
I did nothing!

I'll have a look tonight, but maybe Stack knows what happened?
G.

geo

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 01:39:50 PM »
haha, no worries!

thanks for checking!

geo
geo

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 11:38:57 PM »
I don't understand... can you give an example, with board links?
| Stack |

geo

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 01:51:53 AM »
hey stack,

sorry to bother you, this is not a big deal but yes this post below was not searchable yesterday:

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=5634.msg38214#msg3821

this post below re-shares greta's OG post from early last year, which is not searchable:

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=8158.msg55929#msg55929

again, sorry stack this is not a big deal, but I often rely on the search post archives for what's been shared vis a vis what to buy and what to request going forward.

thanks for your help and time!!

geo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:19:46 AM by geo »
geo

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 03:00:11 AM »
Again, I don't understand what the problem is. I searched keyword "Assandri" and your old post came up. No issues.

The second link is a post by member Ene -- are you saying Ene simply re-posted Greta's original share?

I don't get it.
| Stack |

geo

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 03:17:42 AM »
my apologies in advance stack but,

something is rotten in the state of denmark.

a search of assandri cetra brought up nothing yesterday, along with the greta's ediphon nostro, which is still not searchable, which was shared at the new year 2023. yes I now see the og assandri post. but again, not searchable yesterday.

new members are assimilating intentionally or not the good will, hard work, time, and money of others and it's not cool.

again, stack, sorry to waste your time with this drama.

geo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:31:28 AM by geo »
geo

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 06:59:12 PM »
I think I get what Geo says here.

He thought a couple of posts were lost/deleted, but they were not.
I mean, Geo's original Assandri post is till there but he just couldn't spot it due some (temporary?) problems.
As for my original Ediphon 3-71 post, I also just can't spot it. Maybe it was blown away with that big backup failure we had? I don't know, really.

As for Ene, I think he probably didn't find the two original posts on the board and he thought to repost them.
He should just pay a bit more of attention maybe. The original Geo's Assandri post was just a couple of months old....

A little curiosity, something that I experienced on my end:
using the "search" option on the top-right of our board (close to the banner), doesn't give back good results and sometimes it just doesn't give back any result at all,
but by clicking on the "search" button just where "home" "help" "my messages" and "logout" buttons are, and using the feature form there, it works much much better.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 07:01:35 PM by Greta »
G.

geo

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 01:09:30 AM »
thank you, greta!!

yes, I was having a hard time explaining my issue: not being able to find albums through the search feature. these posts are there, and the subject of the search term is on the forum, but it is simply not searchable: not dead links, but unsearchable data.

this is frustrating because I often rely on this information for future purchases, shares, and requests. librarymusicthemes.com is as much a source of reliable information as it is free music in my opinion.

not a big deal; I just wanted to confirm there was in fact an anomaly in the search function, so going forward, as a solution, I will actively post my query.

thank you!! questions are always answered promptly here at LMT, so this is not a problem in my opinion.

geo

geo