Author Topic: What is your favorite piece of library music with lyrics?  (Read 1151 times)

Bronic

Re: What is your favorite piece of library music with lyrics?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024, 01:41:52 AM »
This was covered by Australian singer Edith Bliss, who got to number 86 in the Aussie charts with it!  I think they used the Bruton backing track with new vocals from Edith on the top

Nice to know! Somehow she is even more stilted than the original singer.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2024, 07:42:07 AM »
Wow, I never knew that.  Library creates a sound-a-like pop track which then is reborn as a 'new' pop track.  Like pop eating itself.  Library music will never stop being a source of surprise, interest and fascination to me.

Re, the thread, Prisoner Cell Block H fans often ask what the pop songs are in the show- a popular one is 'I Don't Need No Angel In Disguise'- J. Schillo from 'Follow Me (DWSLP 3369)

@33.30
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:44:21 AM by Retronic »

nidostar

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2024, 10:27:56 AM »
This was covered by Australian singer Edith Bliss, who got to number 86 in the Aussie charts with it!  I think they used the Bruton backing track with new vocals from Edith on the top
Lord Thames, your encyclopaedic knowledge of library music never ceases to amaze me. Bruton must have been delighted that Edith Bliss wanted to use their piece as a backing track. Though I doubt she was as chuffed to have only achieved number 86 in the Ozzie charts with it.

kpmhill

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2024, 06:33:18 AM »
What are these "lyrics" you speak of? ;)