Author Topic: I never knew THEY wrote library music - unlikely composers  (Read 1378 times)

furrball

Re: I never knew THEY wrote library music - unlikely composers
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2024, 02:59:08 PM »
And speaking of Brian Eno (and, by association, British rock in general...), a couple of the more surprising names pop up:

Patrick Campbell-Lyons (he of the duo Nirvana [NOT the Kurt Cobain version!]) did one for Bruton called "Ireland" (https://www.discogs.com/master/1793108-Patrick-Campbell-Lyons-Ireland);
and Henry Marsh (of the 70s group Sailor ["A Glass of Champagne"]) did a couple for Carlin that included his cohort on the bass side of the Nickelodeon, Phil Pickett
(https://www.discogs.com/artist/371653-Henry-Marsh).

Now if only Bill Nelson did a couple... ;)

furrball

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 10:47:55 PM »
Talk about 'I spoke too soon'! Remember my comment about if only Bill Nelson (Be-Bop Deluxe) had done a library album?

Silly me. He did! :D (Matter of fact, it was even listed here!) It was called "Chameleon". I'm listening to it now.
Good stuff!

furrball

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2024, 03:39:07 AM »
And speaking of Be-Bop Deluxe... Who knew their keyboardist, Andy Clark, put out so many library albums? Certainly not me... and I'm listening to one right now on YouTube! (It's a KPM offering called "The Next One", and it's good!) :o

apmnut

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2024, 06:39:25 PM »
Maury Laws, who was the musical director for the Rankin/Bass studio known for their various holiday specials, has a single cue on the Chappell library ("The Accuser" on C. 938).

mshow81

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2024, 11:18:59 PM »
Maurice Jarre, known for his film work (GRAND PRIX, for example) wrote some tracks for KPM.

Lord Thames

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 12:13:21 AM »
And his son Jean-Michel's first album was released on Synchro-Fox!

KPM was offered Oxygene as a part of a package from the Francis Dreyfus catalogue, but Robin Philips turned it down

AverageLibraryMusicFan

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 03:14:34 AM »
Apparently, Billy May wrote several tracks for Sonoton.