Author Topic: Orange Power Instrumental Vol 1-13  (Read 1255 times)

joakim95

Re: Orange Power Instrumental Vol 1-13
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2024, 11:20:53 AM »
The 13th of their albums remains a shady data-wise. Searching the web takes it from literally dozens of "Orange Power" results it turns to "hearing aids" or "orange power cleaners for bongs", meaning absolute garbage results. To be honest, I doubt this was an official release; maybe this is an ARCADIA mashup?
I don't know why you think this is not an official release?

I guess this is released in early 1992.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 09:40:22 AM »
I told you why I believe it's strange just in the quote...

There is ZERO trace on the internet about that album - weird for an official release, innit?. Absolutely nothing. Nobody else apparently owns this disc on any websites but have dozens of their other albums, and as soon as you add "13" to the many search strings I tried, it turns from "Oh, yes Orange Power 1-12 and Sound Giants and whatnot" to "Orange Power super cleaner and hearing aid batterie 12-packs" with 0% relation to the actual Orange Power music band. You open a webpage - even Japanese ones - and you browse through all the familiar Orange Power albums. Except for the elusive 13th. Also, just to add a bit more spice, having it is an AAC is also a rare thing - a lossy codec you gotta pay for due to the Fraunhofer royalty fee.

This music exists obviously, but I still wonder if they didn't market it as ORANGE POWER (label) and rather not market it under that name due to the circumstances. I would be happy to be corrected ASAP or in future though as there are two tracks which are bangers! But without credible data I can't add them to my database.

joakim95

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2024, 11:24:19 AM »
I told you why I believe it's strange just in the quote...

There is ZERO trace on the internet about that album - weird for an official release, innit?. Absolutely nothing. Nobody else apparently owns this disc on any websites but have dozens of their other albums, and as soon as you add "13" to the many search strings I tried, it turns from "Oh, yes Orange Power 1-12 and Sound Giants and whatnot" to "Orange Power super cleaner and hearing aid batterie 12-packs" with 0% relation to the actual Orange Power music band. You open a webpage - even Japanese ones - and you browse through all the familiar Orange Power albums. Except for the elusive 13th. Also, just to add a bit more spice, having it is an AAC is also a rare thing - a lossy codec you gotta pay for due to the Fraunhofer royalty fee.

This music exists obviously, but I still wonder if they didn't market it as ORANGE POWER (label) and rather not market it under that name due to the circumstances. I would be happy to be corrected ASAP or in future though as there are two tracks which are bangers! But without credible data I can't add them to my database.
I understand what you mean but there is albums that are not listed on Discogs etc.
Even if it's not not listed there is doesn't mean the album does not exist.

Orange Power Instrumental 11-12 was not listed on Discogs like 5-6 years ago.