Author Topic: Orange Power Instrumental Vol 1-13  (Read 1256 times)

joakim95

« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:18:04 PM by joakim95 »

Bronic

Re: Orange Power Instrumental Vol 1-13
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 12:19:41 PM »
Thanks for posting this collection, joakim95.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 12:31:36 PM »
Thanks!
Never heard volumes 11-12-13 before.
G.

joakim95

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 03:09:39 PM »
I guess this is all Orange Power Instrumental albums that have been released.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 03:15:40 PM »
EDIT: As I posted, joakim posted about the guessing if this all the Orange Power albums. Coincidentally, I was writing up this story why there is no more Orange Power Music  8]

ORIGNAL POST: Volume 13 is interesting but upon tagging procedure I found absolutely no traces of that album anywhere.

Just in case you are not so familiar with Orange Power member Fritz Köberl - a recording studio owner and a very well-known name amongst the German/Austrian scene and also subject to many tracks shared and requested here - was murdered with four headshots on May, 22nd 1992 after he was lured into a Budapest appartment, drugged by a female accomplice that was a look-alike of his former love. When asleep, he's been assasinated by Helmut Frodl, cut into 17 pieces and his remains put into trash bags which were later found by a homeless..

Köberl figured out that Helmut Frodl - the main guy behind that murder plot - was corrupt and fraudulent and planned to report Frodl to the police.

The tags in the album say it's from 1992 - of course not a problem if it has been produced in the first half of that year before the murdering of the Orange Power member. But obviously, Orange Power ceased to exist and there are no further (mentioned) releases after 1991. This is why their 13th album is a bit odd to me. I have two tracks I'd like to add to my collection but if the tags are unclear, I am somewhat reluctant.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 03:21:55 PM by Psyclon »

nidostar

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 08:53:41 PM »
Wow, what a fascinating yet gruesome back story which I see Austrian media has described as "probably one of the most spectacular murder cases in Austrian criminal history". Who'd have thought library music could be such a risky business. Thank you Psyclon, I think!! ;)

Ene

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 01:02:11 PM »
Thanks joakim95

Nobody

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 11:16:19 AM »
dl only for premium members  :P

hilbert

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 02:08:08 PM »
Yes, the murder of Fritz Köberl made quite the headlines here. Helmut Frodl had been with the Austrian public broadcaster ORF since his childhood and went on to anchor the popular show Ohne Maulkorb. Later he became an independent director and film producer and took advantage of his long-standing status with the ORF to outpace competitors in respect to the awarding of contracts for commercials. He did that by bribing a senior official at ORF. Apparently Köberl found out about it and it cost him his life. It's amazing that someone would go to such lengths and commit a gruesome murder over some advantages to produce commercials. Quite a case for Lt. Columbo.

Nikki1958

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 03:04:56 PM »
Hi , is there anybody who could post this in a regular DL program.?
It seems very interesting but this link is only for Premium users.  :( :(

Gr.Nikki

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2024, 06:24:42 PM »
Wow, what a fascinating yet gruesome back story which I see Austrian media has described as "probably one of the most spectacular murder cases in Austrian criminal history". Who'd have thought library music could be such a risky business. Thank you Psyclon, I think!! ;)

I was pretty shocked that one of the people who made the music I listen to a lot was tangled up in such a mess...

Quite a case for Lt. Columbo.

Ah, one more thing... your updated avatar is neato!

hilbert

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2024, 07:33:23 PM »
Ah, one more thing... your updated avatar is neato!

Thank you. Btw, Frodl was released in 2009. He got a degree in theology during his prison term. Reminds me of the "Cannibal of Rotenburg", Armin Meiwes, who became a vegetarian in prison.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 10:16:09 PM »
What a joke that is.

Greed, corruption and murder. That guy is even more twisted.

EDIT: I have the download still intact on my computer, but it is saying 1.0 GByte on Windows but 1.01 GByte on Mediafire - and their limit is 1 GByte. D'OH!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:34:05 AM by Psyclon »

joakim95

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2024, 07:19:17 PM »
I have fixed the link now and uploaded them to Google Drive instead  :)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2024, 10:42:16 PM »
The 13th of their albums remains a shady data-wise. Searching the web takes it from literally dozens of "Orange Power" results it turns to "hearing aids" or "orange power cleaners for bongs", meaning absolute garbage results. To be honest, I doubt this was an official release; maybe this is an ARCADIA mashup?