Author Topic: Is the Track ID Search Still Around?  (Read 499 times)

cesser000

Is the Track ID Search Still Around?
« on: January 11, 2024, 06:16:49 PM »
Hey everyone - I'm sure this has been discussed before, but if so I am oblivious of it  :)  - 2 or 3 years ago there was a search device set up where people on here were submitting their music libraries to a custom database and then you could upload a track of your own to check against the database for track IDs.

I used this a bunch back then and got several IDs, but it's been a while now, I lost the link to the search, and I'm guessing this is no longer active?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 06:24:04 PM by cesser000 »

ChunYinZi

Re: Is the Track ID Search Still Around?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 06:31:05 PM »
From what I understand.

The program has been available since the earliest days and has been updated over time.

But after upgrading to version 2.5.0, which is the latest version, there's a bug that produces a lot of invalid results so that you don't know which message is the right one.

The old version is not working anymore and will force you to update it.

The developer of the program hasn't been around for a long time.

But he open-sourced his program, so if someone could program it, they could make a new program, and it's not that complicated.

cesser000

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 06:36:59 PM »
Thanks for that info.  Is there a link to the current version somewhere?

lbjames

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 09:38:15 PM »
hxxps://github.com/mitin001/audfprint-gui

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 02:50:20 PM »
Moved to General Discussion
| Stack |

MrDonut2534

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 03:54:14 AM »
But after upgrading to version 2.5.0, which is the latest version, there's a bug that produces a lot of invalid results so that you don't know which message is the right one.

try opening "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Programs\audfprint-gui\resources\app.asar" with HxD (Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor)
and search getAudfprintScript(['match', '-N', 2, '-d', dbFilename, ...precomputePaths, '-R']);

getAudfprintScript(['match', '-N', 2, '-d', dbFilename, ...precomputePaths, '-R']);

to:
getAudfprintScript(['match', '-N', 5, '-d', dbFilename, ...precomputePaths, '-R']);

or goto bytes offset 9931195 (9789BB) and change from 2 to 5 (5 is default for audfprint.py)

to fix a lot of invalid results.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 01:19:56 PM by MrDonut2534 »