Author Topic: Look at Life film series  (Read 343 times)

Microgramma72

Look at Life film series
« on: January 07, 2024, 06:06:24 AM »
Look At Life was Rank's replacement for their newsreel in British cinemas, that ran between 1959 and 1969. Over 520 films were produced, all running around 8-10 minutes in length. The films were a light documentary style, and used a very wide variety of library music, in a similar manner to contemporary newsreels.

All but a handful of the films have been re-issued on DVD by the sadly missed Network Video label, over 8 volumes.

I have begun to try and log the use of music in these marvellous films, and wondered whether there would be any interest in this information here.

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

Re: Look at Life film series
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 06:55:23 AM »
Look At Life was Rank's replacement for their newsreel in British cinemas, that ran between 1959 and 1969. Over 520 films were produced, all running around 8-10 minutes in length. The films were a light documentary style, and used a very wide variety of library music, in a similar manner to contemporary newsreels.

All but a handful of the films have been re-issued on DVD by the sadly missed Network Video label, over 8 volumes.

I have begun to try and log the use of music in these marvellous films, and wondered whether there would be any interest in this information here.
That sounds like a good idea. =)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 07:05:22 AM by WSBG Returns Yet Again! »
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Look at Life film series
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 08:14:10 AM »
I like any projects compiling tracks used in old productions- it's good to archive theis stuff if you have the knowledge and Shazam can really dent things and get you started now with a number of labels fully dititized (by no means all).