Author Topic: Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)  (Read 445 times)

felineki

Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)
« on: December 10, 2023, 09:32:37 PM »
The previous thread I made on this topic seems to have gotten lost when the forum went down, so I'll start it again.

Cartoon Planet was a spinoff of Space Ghost Coast to Coast that aired on TBS and Cartoon Network in the mid 90s, with reruns airing on Cartoon Network for several years afterwards. It was a initially a cartoon rerun block airing all manner of shorts from the Turner library, from Tom & Jerry to Fleischer Superman, interspersed with sketches and music numbers from the show's hosts, Space Ghost, Zorak and Brak. It proved to be quite popular, resulting in an entire recurring segment of the hosts reacting to fan mail, two official CD albums being released with the show's musical numbers, and later airings even completely ditching the classic cartoon reruns and devoting the entire time slot to the hosts' shenanigans.

In recent years a group of fans at the Animesuperhero forums started identifying and documenting production music used in the show (although this thread also fell victim to a forum crash.) I eventually came across their research and joined in. I started up a Spreadsheet to document all the findings and eventually started a Youtube channel and associated Mega drive compiling as much of the music as possible in a convenient manner.

I hope anyone here who has fond memories of this show will appreciate this, and it would be great if we could also identify the few remaining songs.

apmnut

Re: Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 08:19:17 PM »
I'm actually the one who originated the thread cataloguing the library music used in the Cartoon Planet program, way back in the ancient year of 2016.

Very nice work! It's wonderful to see the music from this goofy little sketch show properly catalogued and archived in one convenient location, and to see a dedicated group of fans doing their best to identify each and every one of these great music cues, continuing what I started so long ago.

Keep it up!!  8]

felineki

Re: Cartoon Planet (Space Ghost Coast to Coast Spinoff)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 07:27:27 PM »
Great, glad to see you again! It's too bad the original thread seems to be lost now, but at least the information has been preserved. I did lapse on updating the spreadsheet a bit before the Animesuperhero forum went down, so it's possible maybe a couple findings got lost, but I'm hoping not. Unclesporkums has been keeping in contact with me on Youtube and made a few more findings in the meantime.