Author Topic: Musical instrument identifier  (Read 322 times)

WIILKAS

Musical instrument identifier
« on: November 22, 2023, 04:28:17 PM »
Hello, good morning / afternoon / evening everyone.

Excuse me, do any of you know of any app that's function is to identify which musical instruments play in a track?

I did a superficial search on the web but I couldn't find anything other than pure Shazam-type song identifiers.

I hope someone can help me because I would love to know what musical instruments are heard in my music library since I have no knowledge of instruments.

Thanks greetings to all.

nidostar

Re: Musical instrument identifier
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 07:12:35 PM »
I've not come across any such app. I suspect it would be difficult to analyse a piece of music in that way. Though with the development of AI-related apps I wouldn't be surprised if something like that popped up in the not-too-distant future.

WIILKAS

Re: Musical instrument identifier
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 07:03:27 PM »
I just spoke this morning with a colleague who studies music professionally and she told me that it is very complicated and requires many technological and economic resources to be able to develop something similar, but with the pace of technology moving so quickly, surely in the medium term they could develop something that can do it but it would surely be at a cost to cushion all the investment that would be something considerable at the beginning.

I've not come across any such app. I suspect it would be difficult to analyse a piece of music in that way. Though with the development of AI-related apps I wouldn't be surprised if something like that popped up in the not-too-distant future.