Author Topic: MATCH MUSIC LIBRARY  (Read 564 times)

WIILKAS

MATCH MUSIC LIBRARY
« on: November 04, 2023, 04:26:42 PM »
Hello, good morning / good afternoon / good night.

What opinion do you have about MATCH MUSIC LIBRARY?

ζBUS

Re: MATCH MUSIC LIBRARY
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 06:33:27 PM »
A lot of tracks from that label were used by MotorWeek in season 20 onwards. Decent stuff.

WIILKAS

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 02:31:00 AM »
Interesting fact.  I'm a fan of motorweek but about its first seasons, approximately the first 15, which were from 1982 to 1997 or so, so I checked out the new millennium ones to listen to those soundtracks, thank you!

A lot of tracks from that label were used by MotorWeek in season 20 onwards. Decent stuff.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 07:48:11 AM »
Just like CAVENDISH (or B&W's fringe years), MATCH MUSIC is a great find for someone that is looking for awesome digital, 80s, futuristic-industry or just pop. These tracks sound like amazing, but unforuntately many CD releases suffer that they masters are sourced from either a low-quality tape or directly from an LP. Not that it sounds super bad, but if you release CD with analogue material on it - eh? Also, they have great "soundtrack" styles - such as "Marvelous Micro's", "Gumshoe (Underscore)" or "Intruders", which sound like straight out from a MacGyver scene were he is being chased by uzi-wielding goons in a dark-blue warehouse at night...

The standardized, colour coded labels they used make that label also weirdly satisfying to bring them up in your media player :) Also, you can tell from what era they are. Labels with a black triangle are from the 80s (and share that with the LP cover design), the 90s tracks have a lighter design without a black corner. Even their techno/eurodance sub-label (MATCH MUSIC XS) is distinguishable.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 07:57:57 AM by Psyclon »

WIILKAS

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »
I love those standardized labels, also very much in the style of the early years of Ábaco and Focus Music.  I have always been of the idea of ​​standardizing the image of your brand or product so that people can immediately identify your brand.  I really liked several albums.  I'll look for those soundtracks you mention to listen to them.  Thank you for your comments.

Just like CAVENDISH (or B&W's fringe years), MATCH MUSIC is a great find for someone that is looking for awesome digital, 80s, futuristic-industry or just pop. These tracks sound like amazing, but unforuntately many CD releases suffer that they masters are sourced from either a low-quality tape or directly from an LP. Not that it sounds super bad, but if you release CD with analogue material on it - eh? Also, they have great "soundtrack" styles - such as "Marvelous Micro's", "Gumshoe (Underscore)" or "Intruders", which sound like straight out from a MacGyver scene were he is being chased by uzi-wielding goons in a dark-blue warehouse at night...

The standardized, colour coded labels they used make that label also weirdly satisfying to bring them up in your media player :) Also, you can tell from what era they are. Labels with a black triangle are from the 80s (and share that with the LP cover design), the 90s tracks have a lighter design without a black corner. Even their techno/eurodance sub-label (MATCH MUSIC XS) is distinguishable.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 08:40:05 PM »
Oh. This? I do love this! It's because of those tracks my friend on YouTube (Rede Clone) has used, formerly until now. ;D