Author Topic: About Soulseek  (Read 891 times)

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
About Soulseek
« on: October 28, 2023, 10:14:13 PM »
Hi guys, it's me. Basically, i went to Soulseek for library music, but i had a little problems:

Some user named "jYvIwQ" (which it has many library music), "jYvIwQ_2" (which same goes to the main one), "Metacity", and "theotherone", seemed to be disappeared without a trace.

Another problem i had is whenever i wanted to contact user (or browse user's files just to make sure it's still alive, all i got was this: "A connection could not be successfully formed to the user. If this is happening to you a lot, Check here to make sure that your port is open.".
=========================================================================
IP: [REDACTED] Port: [REDACTED]/tcp CLOSED. Your router and/or Soulseek client needs to be configured correctly.

You may want to check this list of port forwarding guides for instructions specific to your router model.

Don't forget that you need to restart your client if you modify your listening port.
=========================================================================
What should i do? What happened?! Is it just me? Or is it affecting? Let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 10:16:03 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

tonyc1971

Re: About Soulseek
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 10:24:48 AM »
Hi there. I checked this as I’ve downloaded music from him in the past. However, that user hasn’t been online for quite some time. It’s nothing you have done wrong. He may just not use Soulseek any longer. Although I use it, I’m not a regular user and I don’t leave it unattended like others do. However, if I’m online, feel free to download what you need. Same user name as here.  However, for the odd album needed, please continue to post in the requests section.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 10:40:06 AM »
Hi there. I checked this as I’ve downloaded music from him in the past. However, that user hasn’t been online for quite some time. It’s nothing you have done wrong. He may just not use Soulseek any longer. Although I use it, I’m not a regular user and I don’t leave it unattended like others do. However, if I’m online, feel free to download what you need. Same user name as here.  However, for the odd album needed, please continue to post in the requests section.
Oh, okay. I understand. By the way, what in the universe happened to that user named "jYvIwQ"? Is it just me or is he gone for a long time? I thought his account was terminated, but no. Please let me know. Thanks!
(Note: And by the way, my port router is closed for some reason. :'()
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 10:41:48 AM by Yohanes Salomo »

tonyc1971

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 12:23:24 PM »
Don't think his account is terminated, just not active at the moment.  If your ports are closed whilst using SoulSeek, you will need to change the settings.  This happened to me once and I just deleted it and installed again and no issues since.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 02:41:26 PM »
Don't think his account is terminated, just not active at the moment.  If your ports are closed whilst using SoulSeek, you will need to change the settings.  This happened to me once and I just deleted it and installed again and no issues since.
Oh okay. Phew! Thank god, i'm glad he's not terminated, but instead being inactive for a moment. Thanks for understanding me.

So, shall i show my IP and port to you? I mean, i don't want to do that. So i decided to put "[REDACTED]" on both my IP and my port for my own security safety. But can i? Let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 02:43:53 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

tonyc1971

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 02:50:24 PM »
No, don't show anyone your IP address.  You can get Soulseek support on their forums if you are having issues.  Sorry, I'm not an expert in the port forwarding options within the program.  The only issue I have with it now is that the WIFI at work won't support Soulseek.  Guess they aren't keen for me to use their network to share files.  Understandable really.  No issues at home though.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 04:25:09 PM »
No, don't show anyone your IP address.  You can get Soulseek support on their forums if you are having issues.  Sorry, I'm not an expert in the port forwarding options within the program.  The only issue I have with it now is that the WIFI at work won't support Soulseek.  Guess they aren't keen for me to use their network to share files.  Understandable really.  No issues at home though.
Oh, okay. Thanks for understanding me. Guess i'll try my best that i can do. ;D

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 02:54:32 AM »
Now, i was wondering, who are "jYvIwQ" and "jYvIwQ_2"? Let me know.