Author Topic: About OGM Music  (Read 3376 times)

AverageLibraryMusicFan

Re: About OGM Music
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2023, 09:29:22 PM »
Christopher Tyng of Futurama actually composed several music for this library. Don't believe me? Discogs will show you why.

https://www.discogs.com/release/13325195-Peter-Morris-Christopher-Tyng-Top-Of-The-Charts

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2024, 07:56:10 AM »
I don't want to say this. But, when was a chance to upload ones? I've been waiting for so long. Let me know. Thanks! ;)

ChunYinZi

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2024, 09:55:11 AM »
I don't want to say this. But, when was a chance to upload ones? I've been waiting for so long. Let me know. Thanks! ;)

Regarding OGMs, I've posted a separate thread before.

Where I shared all the OGMs I have.

But I haven't been to Beijing lately, so I didn't notice your new requests.

I don't know if I will go to Beijing again in the future or if I will digitize some OGMs.

It depends on my mood.

When the more a person wants something, the less he may get it

In my case, what I offer to share, and when I help others, depends on my mood, or what I'm thinking.

Some people ask for things I don't think I'm worth helping, then I don't reply to anything.

Some people ask for things that make me want to help them.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2024, 02:56:32 PM »

I don't know if I will go to Beijing again in the future or if I will digitize some OGMs.

It depends on my mood.

In my case, what I offer to share, and when I help others, depends on my mood, or what I'm thinking.

Some people ask for things I don't think I'm worth helping, then I don't reply to anything.

Oh. I see. Thanks for the info. And ah, you didn't notice my new request. But that's okay. I forgive 'ya! Just don't rush and, just take your time. I can wait, and we'll wait too. God bless you always! We are wishing you a good luck, and a better luck! ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 02:58:54 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

ChunYinZi

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2024, 04:04:12 PM »

It depends on my mood.

Oh. I see. Thanks for the info. And ah, you didn't notice my new request. But that's okay. I forgive 'ya! Just don't rush and, just take your time. I can wait, and we'll wait too. God bless you always! We are wishing you a good luck, and a better luck! ;) ;) ;)

Out of courtesy, I'd like to thank you in advance for all the good wishes you've given me.

However, I think you've got something wrong.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, because you say you forgive me, which is hard for me to understand

The more people force me, urge me, to share something, then the more he'll be denied it.

Personally, I think I LTM gave so much it's hard to count.

But I don't want anyone to force me to share something

I have voluntarily shared some of my CDs, but that is of my own volition and no one else's.

Sometimes I see people posting requests for albums, but I don't respond to anything.

(Even if I have what they need).

Because no one made me have to.

For example, I shared Smastsound AP00 with you the other day.

In the past I wouldn't have shared it at all.

But in the last few days, I found out that forum member "Comicsrovio" wanted the album too.

Because I'm impressed with him and he seems to have exchanged Sound Ideas with me before.

That's why I'm going to share this album, otherwise I probably never would have.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I wish the people at LTM wouldn't order me to share anything

A while back, someone even made me pay for a CD he wanted online and asked me to share it.

Here, I won't say who he is, I take his dignity into account.

But this behavior of his makes me feel helpless and stupid.

I'm the sensible one, I just want LTM to be a better place.

That's all.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2024, 04:43:30 PM »

It depends on my mood.

Out of courtesy, I'd like to thank you in advance for all the good wishes you've given me.

However, I think you've got something wrong.

I don't think I've done anything wrong, because you say you forgive me, which is hard for me to understand

The more people force me, urge me, to share something, then the more he'll be denied it.

Personally, I think I LTM gave so much it's hard to count.

But I don't want anyone to force me to share something

I have voluntarily shared some of my CDs, but that is of my own volition and no one else's.

Sometimes I see people posting requests for albums, but I don't respond to anything.

(Even if I have what they need).

Because no one made me have to.

For example, I shared Smastsound AP00 with you the other day.

In the past I wouldn't have shared it at all.

But in the last few days, I found out that forum member "Comicsrovio" wanted the album too.

Because I'm impressed with him and he seems to have exchanged Sound Ideas with me before.

That's why I'm going to share this album, otherwise I probably never would have.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I wish the people at LTM wouldn't order me to share anything

A while back, someone even made me pay for a CD he wanted online and asked me to share it.

Here, I won't say who he is, I take his dignity into account.

But this behavior of his makes me feel helpless and stupid.

I'm the sensible one, I just want LTM to be a better place.

That's all.
Oh, i see. Thanks for telling me the whole story. And yes, i agree with what you said. Let's all hope LTM will be a better place to be. Anyway, as always, don't rush, just take your time. I can wait, and we'll wait too. God bless you always! We are wishing you a good luck, and a better luck! ;) ;) ;)

nidostar

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2024, 05:59:36 PM »
I am in absolute agreement with you ChunYinZi. Over the past few months I have felt extremely uncomfortable and very embarrassed at the way some members have virtually demanded that you and others share large numbers of library albums as if it is their entitlement.

I'm also conscious that there are those, like yourself ChunYinZi, who are known to be an infinite source of library music which seems to encourage other members to flood the forum with large demands for shares often directed specifically at you by name. This is selfish and unfair.

Yohannes, judging from your responses to ChunYinZi's politely expressed posts I don't think you understand what he is saying. The continual requests and reminders that ChunYinZi receives from you and others is putting him under undue pressure which is not right. As he says the more you and others request the less he is prepared to fulfil those requests. He is an asset to this forum and it's important that we do not take ChunYinZi's willingness to share his library music for granted. Your last post suggests you have completely missed the point ChunYinZi was trying to make. LMT will be a better place when you and others stop hounding him as you are and concluding with "Anyway, as always, don't rush, just take your time. I can wait, and we'll wait too." which simply piles on more pressure. I would have thought an apology would have been more appropriate.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2024, 07:55:17 PM »
Oh okay. I'm sorry for saying that. I was only trying to comfort him for once. :-\

And ChunYinZi, i'm sorry for saying that thing. Probably my language issue. I would try to improve myself from now on. :'(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 08:03:43 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

godzfire

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2024, 08:26:51 PM »
Yohanes, I need to echo the sentiments of the other posters, it's not fair to ChunYinZi.

I've noticed since you first registered here in Dec '22 the vast majority of your 200-some posts are requests or replies related to requests:

Things like the below from June '23 which you posted:
Wow, nobody came! I'm starting to get impatient of waiting since the error on June 23, 2023. >:(
Anyone please identify this music from this link, i've been waiting for so long. Please, i'm desperate for this music. :( :'( :-\
Please? Anyone? I need the title of this music including its variations immediately. I'll be waiting! :)
(sorry i was very angry and being offensive, i was just being impatient of no one is answering me. :-[)

You even made a thread in Aug '23 complaining no one was responding to you: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=7026.msg48952
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 10:24:01 PM by godzfire »

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2024, 08:33:15 PM »
Yohanes, I need to echo the sentiments of the other posters, it's not fair to ChunYinZi.

I've noticed since you first registered here in Dec '22 the vast majority of your 200-some posts are requests or replies related to requests, and also very abrasive:

Things like the below from June '23 which you posted:
Wow, nobody came! I'm starting to get impatient of waiting since the error on June 23, 2023. >:(
Anyone please identify this music from this link, i've been waiting for so long. Please, i'm desperate for this music. :( :'( :-\
Please? Anyone? I need the title of this music including its variations immediately. I'll be waiting! :)
(sorry i was very angry and being offensive, i was just being impatient of no one is answering me. :-[)

You even made a thread in Aug '23 complaining no one was responding to you: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=7026.msg48952

So this is not something that just started, this is a recurring issue and it's very troubling.
Yes. I did that from a past. And i did regret doing that. I'm so sorry that i've caused some trouble in this community. Probably because i have an language issue. I'll try my best to improve myself, and my language. Also, i'm autism. So yeah, that's all i have to say.

bardwell64

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2024, 08:45:37 PM »
Guys, autism often makes people less self-aware. I should know, I have Asperger's syndrome with ADHD and dyspraxia, and the number of times I annoy people by accident is embarrassing. OK you've all told Yohanes that his requests are sometimes very demanding. I don't feel we should hammer the point home. I've probably called him out too in the past.

Personally I'd like all the early releases of OGM CDs that haven't already been shared here, particularly the red, purple, and green (classical) releases. They were originally issued as Capitol "Media Music: The Professional" releases before being absorbed into the OGM catalogue. I'm happy to wait until it's convenient.

ζBUS

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2024, 09:04:30 PM »
I have come to the conclusion, judging by the recent goings-on in this thread, that my OGM Premium requests have been too much.

In fact, ALL of my recent requests have been too much, often being excessive and impolite.

Admittedly, some of them have worked out for me (such as the Koka CD mega-dump a while back), but my hunt for every last unidentified/unverified cue on a certain Maryland-made automotive television show has put a lot of strain on my fellow library music lovers.

I know I wasn't always like this, as seen in my very first OGM request here which only requested three albums; two of which were never fulfilled and the other already requested by someone else. I simply accepted it and moved on. It makes you wonder what have I become, or rather, what have we become. For those of you like me who make these ridiculous requests and hope the requestees expect nothing in return, think again.

As a result of this, I hereby RESCIND my OGM Premium requests from this past February.

I do have a job I intend to start in the coming weeks, though my future workplace took longer to open than expected, it is open at last and I will soon see how things work out on the workplace.

Maybe we should all reread the first noun in the previous sentence. You see what that is? Get one. Then, use a thing you earn while working on one, called "money", and buy the things you're looking for. Provided, workplace conditions are deteriorating and prices for everything increasing all while the higher-ups get richer, but who knows, the interesting things I myself can afford might just end up being shared in another thread (or somewhere else on the World Wide Web)!

With even just the slightest more consideration that we are all humans after all, we can make Library Music Themes a better place and maybe even prevent from accelerating the demise of its seventh iteration.

Thank you, and have a great day.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 09:20:25 PM by ζBUS »

godzfire

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2024, 10:32:22 PM »
Yes. I did that from a past. And i did regret doing that. I'm so sorry that i've caused some trouble in this community. Probably because i have an language issue. I'll try my best to improve myself, and my language. Also, i'm autism. So yeah, that's all i have to say.

Guys, autism often makes people less self-aware. I should know, I have Asperger's syndrome with ADHD and dyspraxia, and the number of times I annoy people by accident is embarrassing.

I have to laugh at the irony, since I too have Asperger's/Autism. I understand now. Apologies Yohanes, I know how difficult it can be with the condition. I'm 40 and didn't even know I had it until I was 33.

Redirecting to OGM, since it seems it's a complicated release history, it might help those looking if someone put together a list of all the OGM releases, which ones are currently out there, and which ones still need to be found.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2024, 06:17:38 AM »
Guys, i'm sorry that i've caused all those troubles on this post, even on this community. I'm sure i'll try to improve myself from now on. :-\

bardwell64

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2024, 11:03:47 AM »
Guys, i'm sorry that i've caused all those troubles on this post, even on this community. I'm sure i'll try to improve myself from now on. :-\

Don't get upset about it, Yohanes. Everything you want should appear eventually, it just takes a while sometimes because finding the stuff isn't always as easy and straightforward as we like to think it is.  :)