Author Topic: Sealed library records?  (Read 507 times)

kebarvid

Sealed library records?
« on: September 21, 2023, 06:25:30 PM »
I got my first sealed library album today, it was an selected sound st-series from 1983. And its very rarely (if ever) i see sealed copies online (or in the wild).

Some of you who have collected for many years might have seen them more often earlier? What libraries used to "release" their albums sealed? What have you found?

tonyc1971

Re: Sealed library records?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 07:58:01 PM »
From experience, I’ve only ever had two records new from the library supplier. Back in the 80’s I wrote to John Gale at Studio G who very kindly as a one-off supplied me with a Parry Music album ‘Music Express’ as I enquired what albums he had provided to S4C for their test card / interval music. This album was sealed upon receipt.

More recently I received a Mozart Editions record after an email to Steve who kindly supplied me with MESLP105 at no charge as it was warped, again following a query about music supplied to S4C. Whilst it was warped, it did play fine on my turntable, but the warp was noticeable. That wasn’t wrapped.

To be honest, as most were supplied in cardboard style envelopes, there wouldn’t have been much call to wrap the album covers as it’s extra expense.

Good shout though in finding an early 80’s album that was wrapped.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 09:37:00 PM »
I’ve found some Capitol Media Music  LPs sealed.  They’re the only label I think I’ve found.

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 05:19:36 AM »
     I received these Library records sealed:

[DOC Disco] 08348 - Walkover - Quartetto d'archi

[F.I.R.] FIRLP 01007 - Walkover/Satwich - Soft & Sweet

[FoNoViDeO] FLP 127 - Complesso Raffeng - Maschere

[Media Music—The Professional] PSE-47 - Lee Ashley - Number 47: State Of The Art, 1985
[Media Music—The Professional] PSE-48 - VA - Number 48: Christmas, 1985

[Montparnasse 2000] MP 24 - Janko Nilovic - Classical Phases, 1974

[Music Scene] MSE 107 - Claudio Valle And His Group - Classical And Pop (Religious & Baroque & Beat)
[Music Scene] MSE 121 - VA - «Themes» Like Old Time/Circus And Variety
[Music Scene] MSE 155 - Ivo Meletti - Mandolins Sound From Italy, 1980
[Music Scene] MSE 168 - Achille Scotti - Classical Mood

Three or four of these came from a seller in Canada. I'm not sure if they were actually sealed originally, but the vinyl was like new so I was satisfied. I used to work for a screen printer and we had a shrink wrap machine so it wouldn't be too hard to seal them after the fact. But, the Music Scenes came from two different sources and they were all sealed.