Author Topic: musrc  (Read 617 times)

pecladr

musrc
« on: August 28, 2023, 08:48:42 PM »
this site musrc.com is not working anymore

AverageLibraryMusicFan

Re: musrc
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 10:18:29 PM »
It's not actually broken, there are a few albums that are yet to added on the website.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Re: musrc
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 11:21:30 PM »
That whole website is a strange mess, almost like a over-confident project that got stopped by the sheer time it'd consume.
The problem that I have with the whole situation is that weird "cliffhanger". There is that website and there is movement (the last update prior to the recent one was January IIRC), at the same time, nothing really happens and more and more albums that once used to be available are also gone. Anonfiles died and so lots of the links are broken. The last time there was a bit of a controversy due to those Chameleon albums I figured that close to 90% of that website were dead links and a friendly message said to contact the admin which was very, uh, angry about that.

There has been a gigantic share of literally hundreds of GBytes for free here, so there are tons of reasons to be grateful, yet at the same time having a website luring people onto just to leave it in a broken mess limbo state with literally hundreds of dead links is not great either. After all, it's free and the donations I did were just a very minor help not even worth the talk (but since I collect in tracks in lieu of whole albums, I can't justify larger donations).

I'd love to see the site going, but also that Retromatic gets something in return. Limited access after paying would be great; I'd gladly pay up a fair price to browse those albums because LMT desperately needs more CDs from the 90s and early 2000s. Retromatic has an iceberg of amazing albums in his possession but so far, all the workload and financial expense is 99% on his shoulder - I can totally understand to not really care about sharing it with random strangers.