Author Topic: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)  (Read 167217 times)

kablamatic

Re: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »
Guess who's back? KB's back! I still appreciate help from all you for identifying various stock music tracks for my KaBlam! Music Identification Blogs. UPDATE 9/13/22: Blogs listed below have since been deleted due to lack of interest.

kablamhjmusic.blogspot.com/
actionleaguenowmusic.blogspot.com/
kablamsegmentsmusic.blogspot.com/

Also, one blogger user commented on my third blog asking if any of you have this album (except I just noticed that comment was deleted by the user himself):

https://www.discogs.com/The-Grosvenor-Studio-Orchestra-Happy-Cobbler/release/7807856

If so, a rip would be appreciated! Thanks!

PS (regarding Mr)- Has Selected Sound #5196 worked for you yet via the zip folder? Otherwise, I would be happy to send you the actual CD-ROM myself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 03:05:03 AM by kablamatic »

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
Welcome back Kablam
G.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2018, 09:35:34 PM »
Welcome back, K!

PS (regarding Mr)- Has Selected Sound #5196 worked for you yet via the zip folder? Otherwise, I would be happy to send you the actual CD-ROM myself.
Sorry, haven't gotten around to that yet! Let's speak in PM ;)

JimAth

Hello!
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2018, 04:09:56 PM »
Being introduced to this forum by Mr himself, what can I say other than I found a treasure on-line! So, let me introduce myself...

My name is JimAth, but you can just call me Takis. I'm 21 years old, an Athens resident, and avid fan of library music!

When I was like 11, exactly 10 years ago, I began listening to soundtracks (I grew up with classical and the greek folk traditional music), and whenever I was watching Spongebob I really wanted to have the background music. So, I downloaded a torrent with the "Production Music" (still then, I couldn't exactly understand what was it all about) and submerged into the obscure world of the libraries. Everyday back then, I was googlin' and googlin' for albums (we had the dreaded Rapidshare back then -remember?), downloading and filling up my hard drive. 10 years ago, Facebook was still in its infancy, and blogs and forums were the place-to-be if you were on the search for obscure genres of music. Indeed, the blog community back then was very active and with exceptional quality (remember the Crime Lounge, a guy who used to upload albums but I just can't remember his name). Endless hours on the search...

Through library music, when I was around 15, I discovered jazz (even though I wouldn't fully appreciate it back then, as I do now), other genres and learned to distinguish between composers, eras and styles. When I entered University and had some money from student jobs, I started building my CD and Vinyl collection. I have around 4-5 CDs of Production music as of now (I mostly bought soundtracks and classical at first), but in the future I will enrich it with more findings.
Well, that's my -musical- life story! I hope we can have a very nice time here!

Greetings,

Takis

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
Hello Takis, nice to read your story.
Welcome aboard.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2018, 03:16:48 AM »
Welcome, JimAth!
| Stack |

Timmer

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2018, 10:37:07 PM »
As an avid follower of library music for nearly 40 years, this continuing forum is unquestionably one of life's happy pleasures. A sincere THANK YOU! to those who are responsible for it and to those who so generously give of their time and resources. Back in the pre-Web era, one could have never dreamed it possible such a community of kindred spirits would ever exist.
"Let's go to the Winner's Circle!"

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2018, 10:41:48 PM »
Great to see you. ;-)

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »
Cheers, Timmer. And welcome!
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2018, 01:19:25 AM »
Welcome Timmer.
G.

sguain

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
Hi all You guys and thanks to Greta for letting me know this beautiful place; it's not a long time I'm into library music but I think I have a reasonable collection, You can find me with the same nick on soulseek, hope I can help...

Have a Good Weekend, Cheers

Ps: sorry for my late "hi" but I haven't had a lot of free time lately

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »
Welcome, squain.
| Stack |

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »
Welcome! Nice avatar ;)

niknak

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2018, 09:54:22 PM »
Somehow missed the welcome thread until now.

Hi Everyone, I Fell in love with library music after hearing Mike Ratledge's - Push Button on the tv show button moon back in the 80s.

It took quite a few years of digging and research to find out what music that was, then it was like discovering a whole new world. Library music of the 70's and 80's is pretty much all I ever listen to now.

This forum is just amazing, so pleased I discovered it.

Cheers!

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
Welcome, niknak. Glad you found us.
| Stack |