Author Topic: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)  (Read 160034 times)

Caligula81

Re: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
Hello!

I'm a little bit confused. Are there actually two different versions of LMT online? I see some members posting on both sides.

Anyway, good to see that there is still such a great community  collecting library music.

Greetings,

Caligula

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »
It's a long story but here's a taste of what happened:
https://retroteque.wordpress.com/2017/12/30/goodbye-library-music-themes-forum/

Caligula81

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
It's a long story but here's a taste of what happened:
https://retroteque.wordpress.com/2017/12/30/goodbye-library-music-themes-forum/

That's sad and the whole story sounds really creepy. I just wondered why "mr" invites me to a new forum, but is still active as "mister" at the old board. But now, a closer look at "mister's" profile pic there, debunked the account as fake. I hope you don't have too much trouble with this kind of bs and thanks again for your continuous work over all this years.

For the love of music,

Caligula

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 05:15:27 PM »
Hello Caligula, nice to see you again!

About the lost LMTv6, the whole group that has been banned, still have their account there.
I would like to delete my account, and others probably too, but it's not possible cause the site is not reachable anymore for us.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:46:17 AM by Greta »
G.

zach

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »
yeah i got locked out too. sent a message trying to get back in (cause PL is still there), but all i got was a message asking me to explain a comment i made on Retronic's blog. clearly i'm not wanted there, haha.

milliondollars

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2018, 12:06:38 PM »
nice to see you guys back on the scene...
nice to be in here again!  ;D

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2018, 01:58:01 PM »
And nice to see you back home milliondollars.
G.

FictionOfColours

• @ Rateyourmusic.com
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 12:26:38 AM »
Hello again Mr! It's dreamfortress, the one who made the Library Music Disc 2 list. I don't know how much I'll end up posting here but I thought I'd let you know I'm here. Will probably put up a thread of some sort for my own library playlists in the DIY Compilations board.

And of course, hello to everyone else. I'm a big library fan, particularly of the 80s period; became obsessed thanks to the Sonne Immage youtube channel along with some Discogs searching, etc.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:29:22 AM by fiction_of_colours »

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 12:27:35 AM »
sent a message trying to get back in, but all i got was a message asking me to explain a comment i made on Retronic's blog. 

Hey, Zach, I'm gladdaseeya once again! Are you unable to get in touch w PL since being locked out of LMT 6?

Speaking of which, even after stealing LMT 6 and changing the locks, that Mouthbreathing Moderator still feels the need to snoop around Retronic's site, jiggling all the doorknobs, searching for something else to steal. After all the harm it's caused, it's still feeling the paranoia and need to spy on the true Citizens of LMT "just in case." 

Years after the fact, Mouthbreather will most likely still be checking the rear view mirror, always with a feeling of worried dread. I guess when a person makes a lifestyle out of ripping people off, constantly looking over one's shoulder becomes a necessary survival skill.

That's no way to live.

That's one thing I've always enjoyed about LMT: the feeling of being in a safe community. Somehow, I get the feeling if this were a real village someplace, nobody would feel the need to lock their doors. How can that be a bad thing?
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2018, 01:27:44 AM »
Welcome, Dreamfortress! Glad to see you made it.
For those not aware, the "Disc 2" list he's talking about is a very nice 'best of' list for synth-y 80's library music he did over at RYM. Check it out!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 01:36:43 AM »
Welcome Dreamfortress.
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2018, 02:55:51 AM »
That's one thing I've always enjoyed about LMT: the feeling of being in a safe community. Somehow, I get the feeling if this were a real village someplace, nobody would feel the need to lock their doors. How can that be a bad thing?

I agree, Muff. We've got a great community here, always have... and folks like you are a major part of it :)
| Stack |

zach

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2018, 03:02:11 AM »
I'm gladdaseeya once again! Are you unable to get in touch w PL since being locked out of LMT 6?

hey muff diver, great to see you too, always love reading your posts. yeah i've been in contact with PL, but unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll be over here anytime soon.  :-\

zebrazub

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
Found myself locked out also after a few of my PM's went missing strangely. I had the feeling I was being spied on.

I hope PL joins us at some point  :-\

highplainsdrifter

• Eros + Melody
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
Glad to see the old gang is back together again!