Author Topic: Lack of tracks and albums from Christian Poulet. (Kosinus / Kapagama.fr)  (Read 823 times)

Diamond2

Hi all.  I want to ask you.  Why tracks and albums from Christian Poulet are not available for listening on the Kapagama website.  fr.  I noticed that there are no tracks, and the site and his albums are from Kosinus.  Unlike Coca Media.  Why?  Why did he decide not to distribute?  And what didn't he like?

Diamond2

Most likely Christian Poulet decided not to distribute the tracks due to bureaucracy.  It turns out that after the distribution, someone took the tracks without asking.  And he took them.  And he didn't like it.  Copyright is a tricky thing.  Poulet sued to protect their copyright of tracks and albums.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I appreciate Poulet for beautiful tracks.  His boundless talent leads to a peak level.  This is his great merit.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Oh, it's him! Man, I have a bunch of his track in my treasure chest, albeit in conjunction with Monsieur Rigo.
Typical French composer for fantastic libraries: High-quality, professional, quirky and/or refreshing tracks. It's a shame that he got screwed over like that, especially since the tracks I have of him are regularly directly picked by myself (mostly from the SOFT ENERGY Koka album)

Diamond2

Given the fact that tracks from SACEM (Koka Media) are still on the sites.  Because this company is more legal.  There was a copyright conflict of his musical works.  Which led to the termination of the performance of the publishing agreement.  Moreover, his tracks were used without an agreement with the musician.  Since his tracks got messed up

snowydive

You can listen to extracts of his 'missing' tracks at his website: http://www.christianpoulet.com/iepc/en/indexh.htm. (beware - he hasn't updated it since the mid 90s)

It also has a summary of the legal issue, although it's in French so you need to run it through Google translate: http://www.christianpoulet.com/iepc/en/Cour_Appel_Versailles.htm

Sounds like something happened in 2003/04 which made him remove evey track he had done for Kosinus. Unfortunately a producer of a 90s TV series had used a lot of his Kosinus music and by the time I was searching in 2012 or so they were obviously long gone, but the extracts on his website enabled me to find a few CDs on Ebay/Discogs/wherever.

Back then the only reason I knew to search for his albums in the first place was that Kosinus #42 is missing from all sites and I wondered what it was.

kpmhill

You can listen to extracts of his 'missing' tracks at his website (beware - he hasn't updated it since the mid 90s)

Going to that website was like a time machine to the 1990s:

http://www.christianpoulet.com/iemac/en/indexf.htm

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 12:36:05 PM by kpmhill »

Diamond2

I'm interested to know.  Is Christian Poulet alive now?  He is neither heard nor seen.  I would like to listen to new albums.

AverageLibraryMusicFan

You know, seeing his website kinda reminds me of those made in the early days of the Internet.