Author Topic: Madlib Invazion Music Library Series  (Read 829 times)

kebarvid

Madlib Invazion Music Library Series
« on: June 10, 2023, 08:03:36 AM »
Hiphop-producer Madlib has started his own library label, heres some info from the info of the first release:

Entry #1: JJ Whitefield (Poets of Rhythm/Whitefield Brothers/Karl Hector) takes on Ethiopian Jazz and Psychedelic Funk.

This is the first in a series of music library releases, with future volumes produced by DJ Muggs, J-Zone, and Karriem Riggins, among others. These will be released on the first Friday of each month beginning with JJ Whitefield's Ethio Meditations / Drama Al Dente in June 2023.

Madlib Invazion Music Library Series was created by Madlib and Egon to give their creative friends a chance to stretch out and indulge in whatever type of music they wanted. This music was created for easy, one-stop clearance in film and television synchronization usage and for sampling. Multi-track files are available upon request for key projects. You can also enjoy these albums in the way that many do with the best of the best vintage library catalogs – listen, ponder, repeat.

First record sounded great to me and i like most of the other producers mentioned here so i'm strapped in for the ride. How about you guys/girls?

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Madlib Invazion Music Library Series
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 09:34:46 AM »
It's interesting to me, how he's been sampling library records for years and now creating/producing his own- I like it.  Not sure if it's a natural evolution or an interesting oddity- it doesn't matter. I'd buy the record but can't find a UK seller and postage is too much from US.

likedeeler

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 08:39:10 AM »
I'm considering buying the download (9.31 EUR, "or more"). Though I wouldn't share it, as it's brand new.

The ~21 USD postage for the 25-USD record makes that option rather unattractive indeed. But if they've done their job right the download will be superior (chances are that they haven't). The "vinyl!" fad -- for music whose production is fully digital at all stages -- should be getting up everyone's nose by now. Particularly those of record collectors.

Thanks for the pointer, kebarvid, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 10:06:22 AM by likedeeler »

kebarvid

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 01:44:26 PM »
Is now available to pre order in europe from HHV:

h--ps://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/jj-whitefield-ethio-meditations-drama-al-dente-1026520
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 02:32:38 PM by stackjackson »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2023, 03:14:26 PM »
Thanks. Still a lot of postage. Waiting for UK service like Juno which will be £4-£5 postage.

kebarvid

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 02:40:06 PM »
Got the first three on vinyl now. Unfortunately QC on them is not that great, lots of scuffs and dimples on the brand new records. (Many have reported the same on discogs)

Music and cover art on the other hand is great on all four released so far. what's your favorite?

bummbrotha

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 05:19:52 AM »
Considering how much he evolved as an artist throughout his career sonically, it would only make sense he would start his own label promoting the very obscure music he samples.

Him and his brother are both legends.