Author Topic: [Golden Crest Records] - CR 3034 - Station Breaks (Various)  (Read 973 times)

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

I'm not sure where to put this, because this was something that wasn't sold in retail, but it was from a non-library label. I bought this a while ago because it had tracks that would be later licensed to Synchro-Fox for their 78 catalog. A weird thing about this LP, is that it's made of a transitionary vinyl, which is the same material used for some library 78s from the mid 50's. The sound quality on this LP isn't the best, as there is some distortion on the record at some parts. This is also a microgroove LP, similar to Capitol Hi-Q records. On my copy, one of the labels came off, and the other is about to come off, because of the glue on the labels being old. I would've scanned the labels on this record, but I didn't for this LP. I have scanned labels from 12 inch LPs before, but I was worried that this might break in the scanner, due to it's much harder material, so I used the label images from Discogs. Some of the tracks had re-issues on Carlin/CPM albums, due to the fact that they were in Synchro-Fox's library, and they have new titles as well, not just the regular Synchro-Fox tracks that they've re-issued. The George Brackman tracks on this LP doesn't seem like they've been licensed to Synchro-Fox, so the tracks from him are the black sheep of the tracks on this LP.

mega.nz/file/CkcEhIRa#5cFhpIW_IV0pHrcOPkyeze8twbWfY2t7pnQdeNvPulk
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

STABERZ

Re: [Golden Crest Records] - CR 3034 - Station Breaks (Various)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 07:03:22 AM »
THANKS ;D

Your Pal Doug

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:28:03 PM »
What a great find!
Thanks for all the tagging.

I found these for you
FM 132 Metronome Samba (Dick Hyman)
FM 132 Mambo Rooney (W. Denning)
FM 132 Speedy Gonzales (Eddie Safranski)
FM 132 Elegie to a Pet Robin (Alec Wilder)
FM 132 Aire for Trumpet (Alec Wilder)
FM 132 Rock without Rollin (Alec Wilder)

Your pal,
Doug

Kwantum Assassin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 10:38:06 PM »
Thanks !

Flemming

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 11:30:12 PM »
Very Cool, thanks a lot WSBG Returns Yet Again!  :)

furrball