Author Topic: An interesting piece of Van Phillips library history I found on eBay  (Read 689 times)

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

I found this whilst browsing around Picclick as usual, when I found this rare LP on eBay UK:

It's a privately pressed 12 inch LP with Van Phillips' tracks from JW Theme Music (JW 389 to be specific) and his last tracks from Conroy (on BMLP 058). This also shows that these were made in May of 1968. It's also signed by the composer himself. The tracks on this LP were later licensed to JW and Conroy in the same year for their 10 inch LPs. It doesn't ship to where I live though, so I can't get it. I'm just showing you guys this interesting bit of info. Here's the eBay listing for those wondering:
ebay.co.uk/itm/175761559735
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:21:53 AM by WSBG Returns Yet Again! »
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

KPMFan1000

• lg78
Re: An interesting piece of Van Phillips library history I found on eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 01:33:58 PM »
Hopefully someone here buys it.
LibraryGuy78

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 03:27:14 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing, WSBG!
| Stack |

Lord Thames

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 01:00:32 PM »
Hopefully someone here buys it.

I did!  I've been after the JW tracks for a while but had never seen a copy I could afford, so thanks for alerting me, WSBG.

Interesting that it looks like Van Phillips recorded these tracks himself and sold them to the libraries, rather than them being in-house productions - I love that kind of nerdy detail!