Author Topic: Bruton (and more) albums removed from APM (Edit: False alarm)  (Read 534 times)

FunnyStarRunner

• The NeoCities Catalog of Identified Stock Music
So I noticed while updating my website that links leading to Bruton tracks now wound up at dead ends, and when I went to look further on APM's site, a grand majority of their albums are now gone. In fact just as I was writing this post, their entire catalog has basically been wiped clean from the site. I'm guessing it's because of expired licensing because their catalog is still viewable on UPM (as long as you set your country outside of America) and they just put out a new album on the 21st. Still, this is pretty sad to see since they've been with APM for nearly 40 years.  :-\

For those curious, the last traces of Bruton on APM's site as of this post are two 30 second promo tracks from two different albums: Fashion Catwalk (BR-0311) and Dark Moody Pop (BR-0713).

Edit: I've also seen that KPM is now in the process of leaving APM. They're on Extreme Music if you once again switch your browser to a different country like England.

Edit 2: And now Kosinus is showing signs of packing their bags for UPM. Is there something I'm missing with mass expired licenses all on the same day?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 08:04:57 PM by FunnyStarRunner »

Moleoman

Re: Bruton (and more) albums removed from APM
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »
It looks like the problem with mass album removal is going with all labels they host(ed?). At the time of writing only one album of Primrose Music is still available (with only one track) on APM's site: h++ps://www,apmmusic,com/libraries/primrose-music-prm

While talking about Sonoton, the SCD series is now restricted to six (!) albums: h++ps://www,apmmusic.com/libraries/sonoton-music-scd

EDIT (10:01 CET): Now, they're restoring some of the albums, namely for labels whose name begins with numbers or A - including the Abacusync and AV Music Publishers libraries.

EDIT (10:14 CET): Bruton albums have just returned, too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 09:14:51 AM by Moleoman »

FunnyStarRunner

• The NeoCities Catalog of Identified Stock Music
Re: Bruton (and more) albums removed from APM
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 04:10:00 PM »
Oh well then phew, I'm glad that it was nothing serious. But at the same time unannounced maintenance is slightly annoying so now I have to go back and update the links on my website I already updated last night. Serves me right for staying up late.