Author Topic: MAGAZINE RECORDS (MP3)  (Read 418 times)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
MAGAZINE RECORDS (MP3)
« on: May 02, 2023, 08:55:24 PM »
Hello LibraryMusicFans,

in the light of Retromatic's latest shares, the Magazine Music sub-label "Kanga" and my search for the release dates I stumbled over the German distributor, K-133 Musikverlag.
They have apparently only two labels in their repertoire. Kanga is, unfortunately, not there, but Magazine Music. The demo files are 320 kBit/s MP3 encoded with the FhG (proper encoder), and these are almost completely tagged with proper release years, album covers (albeit small, 150x150px) et cetera.

I am not sure how much these labels are known and how much circulates or if this is old news, but I know some people here that maybe are happy to grab some 320MP3s of a, so far, interesting and pretty high-quality label, so if you want to dive into a early-90s up to modern times library literally from your living room and completely for free...

k-133DOTcom/index.php?browse=true&browsecd=MZR

is your way to go.

As usual, it's always adviced to grab everything as fast as possible, else these files go the way of the Dodo like NICHION's 320 demo files of ATMOSPHERE, KOKA and the likes...

EDIT: HAHA,
I just had a good laugh myself. I just wanted to check if these MP3s are really 320 kBit/s, so I chose one of the MP3s I test-downloaded and I thought I almost fell off my chair when I saw the spectrum:
Oh no, what crap files! And I almost baited the LMT users to them.

I panic-deleted this thread to avoid humiliation... Then I dragged another file into Audacity and... huh!

Proper 20 kHz spectrum!

Guess what, the first spectrum is from a piano album - and as a solo instrument, it simply does not cover a higher frequency range. D'OH!!!  ::)  ;D  ::)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 09:00:28 PM by Psyclon »

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
Re: MAGAZINE RECORDS (MP3)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »
K-133.com is great and made it so much easier to listen to their tracks. It is great to share them with everyone, it is a shame they don't have the old Kanga

You obviously can also find Magazine on other sites just not with higher quality samples, such as https##www.sakuranotes(dot)jp/Label33.html