Author Topic: [RCA] Ennio Morricone - Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna | ACETAT PROMO  (Read 2236 times)

likedeeler

Oha!

First, this:

... This is the acetate pressing of Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to "A Lizard In A Women's Skin" from the archives of Rai TV. The film is a psychedelic giallo and in my opinion Lucio Fulci's best film. At this point I give everyone in this forum the secret tip to enjoy this acid soaked masterpiece with a glass of J&B after a fresh shave with a fine razor.

2 compositions are marked as unreleased in the Discogs notes as well as that the tracks differ from the re-issue versions. This is not the case! I couldn't notice any concise differences while listening and was a bit disappointed that these are not exclusive rehearsal recordings with alternative orchestrations. Having seen Tornatore's documentary of Ennio yesterday, I hope that with this contribution I can once again underline the genius of the maestro. It is always special to hear his great music. ...

Then this:

... 2 compositions are marked as unreleased in the Discogs notes as well as that the tracks differ from the re-issue versions. This is not the case! I couldn't notice any concise differences while listening ...

As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of the acetate, the simple solution to this riddle will be that your upload was created from one or several of the reissues. Won't it?

And, of course: thanks for this!

Then this:

This is the original acetate rip. Why else would I post this version ? The simple solution about your puzzling statement is that you are making a false claim with your arrogant manner in which you are making me out to be a liar without having any knowledge. Furthermore, I have already learned through a friend at Sonor that the acetate only includes the og versions before I owned the acetate. I belong to those people who are still collecting physical copies. Especially rare ones! Please do me the favor and keep your worthless opinion (that you like to make up blindly) to yourself soon @likedeeler
As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of knowledge regarding pressings of italian soundtracks and library music it makes no sense to me what you say and I want the other members to take notice of that fact with this post.

I usually enjoy sharing music with this community. But you are the sad exception. I say this with all the respect I can in this setting. Now move on...

And then this:

As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of the acetate, the simple solution to this riddle will be that your upload was created from one or several of the reissues. Won't it?

Unlikely? Certainly! - but stranger things have happened here on LMT.
You should check the audio before making accusations like this, it seems quite evident to be sourced from a crackly old acetate.

That's quite the reaction.

And a surprising one, shall I say, as the last two of the above-cited comments are based on a thorough misunderstanding of my previous comment. This misunderstanding and the resulting reality distortions and lack of respect would have been easy to avoid.

Namely by reading and trying to understand what I actually wrote, and in which context.

I haven't accused anyone of anything.

Nowhere in the original first comment is the provenance of these digital files stated, much less that they are the result of the poster's own efforts, which would require the presence of the poster's person, of the original record as well as of the recording gear in the same place, at the same time. The reasonable -- and by far most likely -- assumption was that the poster received the files from somewhere. There is nothing in the original comment that would contradict this assumption.

Which means that it was unlikely for the poster to be in possession of the physical record. This is not an accusation. It is the statement of a fact.

It was unlikely. That was before the second comment of the original poster, in which he -- among various other things -- claims at some point to have been in possession of the acetate in question.

Why did I state the fact?

Because the discrepancy between the Dscgs entry and the observation of the original poster that those two tracks -- as present in the digital files that he has -- are not unreleased needed an explanation.

So I gave a possible explanation. Not even an opinion. Just an explanation. Which, by the way, does not mean that I subscribe to the explanation.

Last, but not least, I thanked the poster.

That is all.

Nothing in my previous comment contains any qualification, either direct or implied, relating to the mindset of the person who wrote the original first comment of this thread. Nowhere did I claim, or even suggest or imply, that the poster did anything wrong.

It's great music, a worthwhile rip, and I have already thanked the poster for it. Before he flew off the handle.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:57:16 PM by likedeeler »

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
@ likedeeler:

If you already know everything... but actually know nothing... why don't you just ask me here or via dm? Instead of acting like a cool analyst, which you apparently are not, your words made me feel quite uncomfortable cause I'm very proud of this rip...

Your speculations are just speculations that aim to portray me as someone who just edits together a few rips from different people on the fly. I have posted here in the forum some rips from friends, some that were sent to me and some from me personally. The reason for this is that I am not very skilled at digitizing records.

I own the Morricone acetate. Cost me 4 months of negotiation and 500€. From whom exactly I have the acetate and how I managed to come into possession remains a secret...just like some records in my collection.

But I am also not the contact person to explain you the rules of etiquette for a respectful interaction. The gift of self-reflection is a blessing that some are probably not gifted with and if your statement reassures you then that's perfectly okay. I have said how I feel and I will not be negated.

To the community:

I thank all the people who enjoyed the rip and the meaning behind it. I hope I was able to ignite a passionate fire in all of you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 10:51:14 PM by N°2 »

baobab13

Thanks a lot for this rarity N°2!
Brillant experimental Morricone!

likedeeler

@ likedeeler: ...

Your speculations are just speculations that aim to portray me as someone who just edits together a few rips from different people on the fly. ...

I suggest that you should consider retracting the baseless statements you have made insofar as they refer to me, and in full.

I have not portrayed you as someone who edits together rips from others and then makes false representations about the result.

Neither have I aimed at portraying you in the way that you describe.

All of this has happened in your imagination, and in your imagination only.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 06:22:22 PM by likedeeler »

GradyTate

Thank you for the share N°2!

Rocco

Awesome share! Thanks a million N°2!
"Una Lucertola con la Pelle di Donna" is one of my favourite films.
It's fantastic to get a chance to listen to this acetate. Thanks again!

Greta

• Administrator
Had multiple listening already...

Track "M5 2a Vers." is a great killer!
G.

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
@likedeeler:

Okay... me and the rest of the readership are the ones who are wrong and you are right. No problem. I'll let you have the last word and rethink my imagination and how I respond to comments ala "As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of the acetate, the simple solution to this riddle will be that your upload was created from one or several of the reissues. Won't it?" in the future, since it was apparently meant to be very nice and polite. It was my mistake. I really didn't realize that this manners was so ok for this community. Wow... cool. Thank you for that realization.

I was going to post something special but I don't like the idea of you hearing it too. Now please write something else to have the last word and portray me as the guy who needs a reality check. I thank you in advance.

Di Granti

• Raider Of The Lost Ark Blog
Wow!
This is the first time i could listen to an acetate of the Maestro.
Nº2, thank you, so so so much for this special gift to us.
Follow Me on Twitter @javierdigranti

friendsound

Amazing stuff, N°2 - thank you!

richeliutw

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much for such beautiful music
so beautiful, thank you so much, so touched by the music