Author Topic: [RCA] Ennio Morricone - Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna | ACETAT PROMO  (Read 2260 times)

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
Ennio Morricone - Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna

we.tl/t-iQrvTakxRi

This is the acetate pressing of Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to "A Lizard In A Women's Skin" from the archives of Rai TV. The film is a psychedelic giallo and in my opinion Lucio Fulci's best film. At this point I give everyone in this forum the secret tip to enjoy this acid soaked masterpiece with a glass of J&B after a fresh shave with a fine razor.

2 compositions are marked as unreleased in the Discogs notes as well as that the tracks differ from the re-issue versions. This is not the case! I couldn't notice any concise differences while listening and was a bit disappointed that these are not exclusive rehearsal recordings with alternative orchestrations. Having seen Tornatore's documentary of Ennio yesterday, I hope that with this contribution I can once again underline the genius of the maestro. It is always special to hear his great music.

Url: https://www.discogs.com/release/2618683-Ennio-Morricone-Una-Lucertola-Con-La-Pelle-Di-Donna
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 09:49:01 AM by N°2 »

[(Sub)]

:o

Incredible !

Thanks a lot N°2

n6

• music begins were words leave off...
 :o Amazing ! Never seen or heard a Morricone acetate. Thank you very much N°2  :)

sj_beat

Thanks N°2  :)

likedeeler

... 2 compositions are marked as unreleased in the Discogs notes as well as that the tracks differ from the re-issue versions. This is not the case! I couldn't notice any concise differences while listening ...

As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of the acetate, the simple solution to this riddle will be that your upload was created from one or several of the reissues. Won't it?

And, of course: thanks for this!

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
This is the original acetate rip. Why else would I post this version ? The simple solution about your puzzling statement is that you are making a false claim with your arrogant manner in which you are making me out to be a liar without having any knowledge. Furthermore, I have already learned through a friend at Sonor that the acetate only includes the og versions before I owned the acetate. I belong to those people who are still collecting physical copies. Especially rare ones! Please do me the favor and keep your worthless opinion (that you like to make up blindly) to yourself soon @likedeeler
As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of knowledge regarding pressings of italian soundtracks and library music it makes no sense to me what you say and I want the other members to take notice of that fact with this post.

I usually enjoy sharing music with this community. But you are the sad exception. I say this with all the respect I can in this setting. Now move on...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 10:35:18 AM by N°2 »

Mr

• Administrator
Woah, that's quite the rarity! Thanks a lot for ripping this - it would very likely have gone unheard if you hadn't.
Thanks for sharing!

As it seems unlikely that you are in possession of the acetate, the simple solution to this riddle will be that your upload was created from one or several of the reissues. Won't it?

Unlikely? Certainly! - but stranger things have happened here on LMT.
You should check the audio before making accusations like this, it seems quite evident to be sourced from a crackly old acetate.

nidostar

Thank you N°2. I, for one, appreciate your sharing this with us.

Fuzi

Fantastic N°2
Looking forward to listening to this rarity
Many thanks
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

Tanasi

• formerly wfoster00
Thank you!

Consonanza

Thank you very much for this curio.  For those unfamiliar with the music of Maestro Morricone, track A1 is not from the film LA LUCERTOLA CON LA PELLE DI DONNA but from the film MADDALENA, scored also by Morricone.   As far as I can tell, this is an inedit (in terms of timing at least).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 08:22:21 PM by Consonanza »

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
@Consonanza

You are right... sorry I forgot to mention that the first song is from Maddalena and I thought it would be possible for everyone to draw a line through the title of the music theme. The guy who added the notes to the discogs database maybe does not know about that OST and marked it as unreleased. I compared the themes but I think you might be right about the inedit. I think it's even nicer when someone here notices differences and shares those impressions with us.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 09:31:51 PM by N°2 »

Kwantum Assassin

Thanks !

Greta

• Administrator
Gosh.. this is a hell of a rarity!!
I guess it's exciting to own such a release...

Thank you so much for sharing it with us N.2!
Fantastic music from a fantastic source.

just a side note: I'm going to edit your post, in order not to hotlink to external sharing sites.
G.

Texas Ranger

• ☆UNDERWATER JAZZ☆
No problem. Thanks Greta !